Everyone who rides 2 wheels should read this

So Wed last week I came home from a night out with my pops, woke up the next day and went to work. Little did I know, I was going to get cut off on the way to work Thursday. I must say, wearing leathers and especially a helmet made this story the way it is, if I was helmetless, I wouldn't be around anymore. I T-Boned a 2014 Cherokee with my sports bike because she rushed to make a turn across on coming traffic. My bike is absolutely totaled and her car is done as well. I am lucky enough to come out with just a fractured right Mandala(upper jaw bone), and a C7 vertebrae. I had some small brain bleeds from the accident but they subsided when they put me into an coma for just a few days. I am now home and really starting the feel a lot of pain through my body as it starts taking it's toll on my joints. But I must say to everyone, ride with your helmet. It could change so much. Don't get me wrong, I go out on midnight rides, long cruises with friends. I am an absolute thrill seeker, I break laws, do wheelies, and just have a blast on my bike while being responsible still. Only in places where I see what is going on. You will never see me do a wheelie down a highway or any type of stuning to gain attention like most do. I have raced 2 wheels since I was about 6 years old. A simple casual ride through rush hour traffic to work changed my life, because someone couldn't wait a second longer. From this day on I probably will no longer ride during rush hours because of how things can change, and how bad that can be for the rider, that can be taken for what you want on when to ride. But everyone, Wear your helmet, there are ones who say I love you and expect to see you again and may never get that chance again! Don't forget it!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear you're ok, man. Red light runners probably piss me off the most on the road, almost been creamed a few times, and my pops was t-boned by a red light runner years ago, hospitalized for 10 days or so.

I don't ride, but I know what happens if a rider crashes without gear. Always shake my head, literally, when I see guys in tanktops, shorts, and sandles with no helmet. Especially those who dress like that AND ride retarded.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Glad to hear you made it out mostly ok.

Riding without gear is asking to die in my opinion,

I follow the all the gear all the Time rule.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

right on. i'm glad you made it through and you're doing well. My buddy just had two minor accidents in 2 weeks on his Ducati Monster. He is considering giving up riding because of it. Just because the law says you only need eye protection, and not necessarily a helmet, doesn't take away from the fact that helmets save lives.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

All the gear. All the time.

Glad you're okay(ish). Sorry about your injuries and the bike.

I stopped riding when my son was born. Too many idiots on the roads. Almost head on-ed a minivan two days ago in my Tahoe for the same reason. Apparently it was more important for her to get to the bank two seconds earlier than it was for her to be alive when she got there.

Static drops are my bag.

Glad you made it out alive brother. Glad you were wearing your gear and are around to share your story. Get better brother :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Do you have any pics of the damage?

I was kind of curious myself but I didn't want to ask. I know some don't like reliving shit like that

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I had the same thing a few years ago. I was in the left lane and someone tried to turn left from the right most lane and I struck the driver door and went flying. My bike was long gone; luckily I wasn't.

Glad to hear you're good.

Helmets save lives. And road rash suuuuuuucks. So definitely wear your leathers.

Archived