wrapping a car in real carbon fiber fabric

First of all, what the actual fuck. I don't know what this whole fake CF fad thing is but I wish it would stop.

But seriously, one single layer? It won't last. Even if you can get it to adhere to your body panels one decent scratch or nick followed by water and your whole part will be ruined.

its not fake cf why does everyone think thats what im talking about and my sig is something someone else posted that i found funny. i have a 08 eclipse, 2 sundown x8s on a 2.5k i dont want to do the vinyl because that is not real cf nor would it have the gloss look im after as well real cf fabric is alot easier to work with in my experience.

idc about added weight this is my DD and will eventually have more weight in batteries and amps i cant imagine all that cf and resin would add the weight of even one of my x8s it seems like everytime i post anything on this forum there is far more people saying nothing or negative comments then actually trying to help. this is just an idea i have had and wanted to do to make the car stand out not something i have tried yet. figured i could come here and have some people with knowledge in that type of industry give me some advice but it appears theres much more people here just trying to get there post count up not contributing anything to this topic

You smoke a ton of weed don't you?

why even reply with that just to talk shit? that offers nothing to the topic at hand and considering your an admin that freaks out about vs post or other silly things seems odd to me that you would post something so immature. nothing to add in a positive manner so you try and strike me down saying something negative because of an idea i had? fuck you

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Why do I post that you ask? Because you consistently post the most off the wall reinvent the wheel shit ever. This is just another example of that. In all actuality I was really hoping there was a reason for all the off the wall shit. You know like sitting around stoned trying to think up cool things to do. Evidently I was wrong. Potheads don't get mad like that. It just makes you an idiot who doesn't listen to anything they are told. So fuck you.

I think this could get really entertaining now

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I am deinitely only posting here to raise my post count.

The way you want to do it is never going to work and it's going to cost you way more than $600 to basically make a whole body for the car out of cf.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Okay fine. Call this guy:

http://compositeenvisions.com/index.php?main_page=sponsored_show_cars

Ask him his thoughts about bonding CF to steel body panels.

Ask him what top coat to use and what it takes to keep it looking good for more than a year.

Ask him about the potential for separation over time from the steel panels.

You know, all the legit concerns that were brought up in this thread.

While you're there check out his CF widebody 13B powered Miata. It's beyond sick. I even linked straight to it for you so you don't get lost.

And oh yea, fuck you.

Static drops are my bag.

There isn't any YouTube videos on it because anybody smart enough to post a YouTube video is smart enough not to wrap carbon fiber over steel panels.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Just because it's real CF doesn't mean you aren't trying to be a poser. Why would you want your car to look like CF when it isn't actually made with it? It's like buying a poorly made knock off handbag. Everyone knows it's fake, and you just look like an idiot for carrying it.

Archived