Second Skin Audio

So what's up with EMF?

Wasteland_Audio

I've always liked Jacob and he's been good to me when I was part of team sundown, but I've never played with their higher end products. I do like that he does A LOT of R&D it shows that he's always trying to innovate our hobby. I have a lot of questions similar to clean Sierra. Maybe someone can answer his about excursion.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Did someone say excursion??? My Ermagerds doin work

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Why does everyone care about excursion? Is this a way to judge how loud(before you say how low, I'll concede)a sub plays, by watching it?

Everyone's about HUGE motor force and lots of moving mass these days. How did that business model work out for Tantric, just curious?

True dat. In ported boxes, most subs these days are running out of thermal power handling capacity long before excursion becomes the limiting factor. At least as long as you aren't trying to play WAY below tuning, which you don't want to do anyway.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Why does everyone care about excursion? Is this a way to judge how loud(before you say how low, I'll concede)a sub plays, by watching it?

Everyone's about HUGE motor force and lots of moving mass these days. How did that business model work out for Tantric, just curious?

Murphy killed tantric with his customer service and lies

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

I don't pretend to know anything about EMF but I have seen several people on FB complaining about their subs and the EMF rep refusing to support them. one guy after the 2nd coil unwind complained about a big glob of stray glue on the cone of his yolo and that for the price of the woofer he wasn't happy with the cosmetic defect, the EMF rep told him to fuck off. Seeing service like that lost my business

I don't pretend to know anything about EMF but I have seen several people on FB complaining about their subs and the EMF rep refusing to support them. one guy after the 2nd coil unwind complained about a big glob of stray glue on the cone of his yolo and that for the price of the woofer he wasn't happy with the cosmetic defect, the EMF rep told him to fuck off. Seeing service like that lost my business

lol

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

So what your saying is you would buy an EMF sub before buying a B2 sub...

You do realize that there is more to a company than just the product. Good luck getting a recone from EMF, because once he has your money he's done with you.

With how up in the air b2 is right now, it would be a poor decision to spend your money with them until the dust settles.

Ive talked with Jay a bit, but really who is right and who is wrong I have no idea.

Besides Sundown would still be my number 1 pick.

True dat. In ported boxes, most subs these days are running out of thermal power handling capacity long before excursion becomes the limiting factor. At least as long as you aren't trying to play WAY below tuning, which you don't want to do anyway.

Meh, a woofer that has rigorous cooling channels and not the same pole chamfers they've used for the last 5 years will tend to cool better and have less of an issue with thermal power.

So what your saying is you would buy an EMF sub before buying a B2 sub...

You do realize that there is more to a company than just the product. Good luck getting a recone from EMF, because once he has your money he's done with you.

With how up in the air b2 is right now, it would be a poor decision to spend your money with them until the dust settles.

Ive talked with Jay a bit, but really who is right and who is wrong I have no idea.

Besides Sundown would still be my number 1 pick.

Meh, a woofer that has rigorous cooling channels and not the same pole chamfers they've used for the last 5 years will tend to cool better and have less of an issue with thermal power.

Fucking nut hugging, dick swinging fheg :)

If i ran any other driver, it would be from Jacob....... on the level.

Archived