Liquid nails is trash

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

and I thought it was all about heavy duty construction liquid nails..... never fails me and fills gaps larger than the grand canyon

You got to cut straight, then you dont have to worry about filling gaps :D

You also dont need to silicon or caulk the interior edges when you have straight cuts and proper glue spreading.

I'm surprised it stuck to your table saw like that. I try to keep mine waxed up just so little drips are are easier to get off, but even an unwaxed top wouldn't have stuck that much I would have thought.

I've pretty much switched to TB3 exclusively now, pretty much for the same reasons as you, the greater open time really comes in handy.

I gave up on keeping it remotely clean. I was doing really good when I got it but no matter how many times I told people dont put drinks on it they always did.

Then one day a pizza box was sitting on my saw and it instantly rusted with in maybe 20minutes from the grease soaking through the box. Shocked the hell out of me!!

So every now and then I just sand it smooth to clean it up a little, but part of my problem is being limited on building surface so theres many times I lay a port that is clamped and drying on the saw so its out of my way and some glue runs off the wood, or worse glues itself to my saw over night lol

I always spread the glue evenly as possible.

I dont rely on the pressure of the clamps to do it for me.

You also got to use enough that it oozes out the seams.

Even when I get done spreading the glue around the boxes edges when applying the baffle if Im not fast enough I can feel it starting to set.

Thats why the open time is important. Tb3 also passes a higher waterproof standard as well but for what we use it for its useless, though some peoples trunks do leak. LOL

Finger spread the narrow edges

mKx0XZ.jpg

Larger panels I got these little green like bondo spreaders that cost $20 for 100 of them. At that price they are disposable once they get to glued up to use.

vOy6Iu.jpg

bXuz0l.jpg

The old liquid nails was good for fixing furniture that the kids totaled. The new liquid nails is latex based and is more like bathtub caulk. Very disappointing on the dresser drawers. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I cant remember, but its either PL or Liquid nails, but one of them never gets fully hard once cured.

Absolutely the worst to use for box building.

Liquid nails. I've heard nothing but bad things about that stuff. Pl premium (not pl 400 etc) gets pretty hard when cured. I have been using Pl for the last few builds but it is too unforgiving to me. you get it on anything it ain't coming off. Not to mention you can't stain it at all.

Also, when you glue a joint and it squeezes out in a bead, do you wipe it off before it cures? Just curious.

Being a Cabinet and Furniture maker not once have I wasted the money on Gorilla Glue. Titebond products have been around for years and are tested for there strength and holding abilities. Titebond here and I dont use fasteners in my projects. THE SUB BOX WITH NO SCREWS!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

liguidnails heavyduty construction gets hard like a rock when it cures, there are other versions of liquidnails that really suck and they stay soft... like the liquidnails tub and surround it still feels like my tub surround can be pulled right off the wall.... I would be willing to try other glues if I had a tablesaw or anything other than a jigsaw and a router for that matter.... ive been using screws and LN's for so long I love it

Archived