bigmizzle99

How come no more SOTM?

8 posts in this topic

Maybe I missed the explanation why, but there hasnt been a SOTM contest in about a year.  What happened?  Not enough participation?  Too many "issues"?  No sponsors?

1 person likes this

There wasnt a lot of participation in the last few months it was done, and a couple of those last months had some hardcore drama involved.

1 person likes this

I was hoping to see it make a come back with the new season coming. A ton of rebuilds happen.

But,... I get it, and understand. 

1 person likes this

Just like everything else. whiny bitches fuck it all up.

That's too bad.  One of the things that set this forum apart from the others was that contest.

4 people like this

The contests were awesome but there is so much more to this place. You can learn EVERYTHING you want about car audio...

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, Airborne said:

The contests were awesome but there is so much more to this place. You can learn EVERYTHING you want about car audio...

Yes, you're right, and I have!  In IT, we'd call those contests "value add"

Damn and I finally finished my slow build and can't get nominated.  Bassbabies lol

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JeepAndBassXJ
      Time to start a daily build in the new car (The Honda). Some of you might know about my Jeep Build, well now that it's a 160+db car I needed something to get around in so that the Jeep could become the weekend toy lol.
      (http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201691-jeepandbass-2-18s-161db-certified-on-10k-and-still-demoing-hard/page-1)
      Decided to get this little gas saver and do a small build in it with the system I won in SOTM a while back.
      The Car:
      (2000 Honda Civic Ex 1.6L)

Car's Competition History:
      Melos Auto (Sacramento Ca) - Street Trunk 5k 151.5db @3845 W (1st)
      The Build:
      Pic of when I first got it, needed a few things but ran good.

Had to get some emblems and little things to get this started off right.

Now to start getting ready for the system! Going to do a few boxes of DC Audio 80mil in there first.

• By bigmizzle99
      So I don't do facebook, but in order to enter some contests, it is required. So I joined and from time to time I check the news feed of the audio companies I follow...DC, Sundown, Rockford, DD, SHCA, XS, DroppinHz...and of course Steve Meade Designs. Well, you could say I was shocked last night to find my Altima build in the SMD news feed! I saw the image and was like '...hey...that looks like mine! "
      Anyway, just want to say thanks to Steve Meade and the whole SMD community! Super Cool!
      Here it is..

• By Peter Carè
      Hey, This is my pride and joy. My 2002 Vx SS Commodore (yep its australian). You cant go fast these days so i decided to build myself something loud, low and slow.. Its getting there.. At the minaute it has a pioneer Avh-x8550bt headunit. 2x pairs of alpine type X splits.. (spx17pros they arent cheap here but they do sound mint) Alpine pdxf6 amp., 2x Rockford foste t2d212's running off a RF t2500.1bdcp amp/.. I have 100+sqft of FATMAT "Rattle Trap" soundproofing.. I have the best wiring I could buy along with the RF rca leads.. running off 2x optima redtops.. *Still not finished *.. .
      Started like this..
      Endings abit better
      Attempt one.. Ghettorig.. All the gear and my rear seats and boot trim. front seats are somewhere.

Poxy box that didntwork (i didnt know at the time as im still a roookie)
      Random build pics.. before revamp..

I Got these just for doing this one job! And yeah this ones signed.. Dont have a pic of the DD1.. but i have the combo. They are in safe hands atm

This is how ghetto it endup. I got moaned at by someone about a custom install blah blah dont waste your money so stupidly I listened.. It got around like this untill I could bare the shame no more..
      Driving around without even the bloody tweeters in (as i didnt want to cut the trims up) got to me so i made the decision to go and see the Sereo Guru of Perth Ricky Jaye of Audio Conceptz in Perth , Australia..Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=546488532034796&set=a.431715446845439.121387.425254120824905&type=1)
      Ricky talked me into cutting the door trims. Ricky and Alex done a good job.. I was happy with how they turned out... ALso in my travels i picked up an audiocontrol line driver and another optima redtop. and Rf battery terminals

As far as design for my boot I left all my faith with ricky and I think he come up with the goods. I was extremely happy.. It still isnt finished for now as there is lighting and various other small bits and pieces... WE went up making it twice the second time out of much thicker MDF for the filler panels as those T2s pump and rattled the lighter stuff apart..

Heres the semi finished product..
      In this last picture you can see the unintentional reflection of my Tshirt.. hahah
      Well this is my system so far.. Cars going back in, just after the new year for installation of both sets of t5's another amp and my RF hybrid 10 Farad cap..

• By WhiteNastyCharger10
      Hey guys check out my latest setup in System of the Month and vote =] Please and Thank you! All im missing at the moment is an alternator, so this prize would be perfect!
      ALSO, tell me what you think!

Audio & Video:
      4 skar ma d2 8" woofers - thanks Ryan Hilldale and Kevin from Skar audio. If you need or want any skar audio products email Ryan at ryan@skaraudio.com and he'll take great care of you. Tell him josh sent you.
      2500 re xtx amp
      800 xtx re amp
      tsunami 0/1
      d3400 xs power battery
      samsung galaxy tablet 7.0 +
      19" led lcd COBY TV
      clarion eq
      Selenium mids and highs

Thanks to sponsors :
      Skar audio
      Xs Power
      HiMarc Automotive and Kustoms
      A&G Graphics

[/imghttp://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m170/braves14yrsnarow/baa5972e-c838-4d84-8504-1e52ee7d3495_zps7d3558ed.jpg'>http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m170/braves14yrsnarow/baa5972e-c838-4d84-8504-1e52ee7d3495_zps7d3558ed.jpg [/imghttp://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m170/braves14yrsnarow/5dab67b8-e55e-4c13-b417-96a2745ae54d_zpsda10982f.jpg

• Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 598 Guests (See full list)