frenziedcage Posted January 18, 2018 Report Posted January 18, 2018 I'm planning a new build soon with a new car and I want to refrain from doing custom door pods and custom looking stuff as it will be a daily. the build I was planning was either 2 12" PSI platform 2s or 1 psi platform 4 15" running on a DC Audio 3.5k. I just wanted to get peoples recommendations on really great door speakers. In some previous builds I've done I've used crescendo PWX 6.5 with custom pods I've also used neopros by sundown. I'm mainly in the market for something that is going to be somewhat balanced with a 3500wrms sub.. The build is going to obviously be a SPL build so I'm not to concerned with SQ components I just want something that will be loud, clean and balanced without having to make custom door pods for multiple mids.
fmedina Posted January 18, 2018 Report Posted January 18, 2018 I can recommend Skar components and Pa speakers. I've had good experiences with them and still am.
bsneon98 Posted January 18, 2018 Report Posted January 18, 2018 9 hours ago, frenziedcage said: I'm planning a new build soon with a new car and I want to refrain from doing custom door pods and custom looking stuff as it will be a daily. the build I was planning was either 2 12" PSI platform 2s or 1 psi platform 4 15" running on a DC Audio 3.5k. I just wanted to get peoples recommendations on really great door speakers. In some previous builds I've done I've used crescendo PWX 6.5 with custom pods I've also used neopros by sundown. I'm mainly in the market for something that is going to be somewhat balanced with a 3500wrms sub.. The build is going to obviously be a SPL build so I'm not to concerned with SQ components I just want something that will be loud, clean and balanced without having to make custom door pods for multiple mids. how was your experience with the pwx's? Im in the process of switch over to those. Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152954-1998-plymouth-neon-updates/
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 18, 2018 Report Posted January 18, 2018 Best is a pretty subjective term. Whats your budget? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Skullz Posted January 19, 2018 Report Posted January 19, 2018 If your looking for something in budget form, then get a set or two of these. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-CqvPDDwlnFW/p_210MAXIM62/Morel-Maximo-6.html 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
06RTCharger Posted February 18, 2018 Report Posted February 18, 2018 Check out the Digital Designs AW6.5, ive heard good things about those, strong midbass and gets loud and clear. Specs says it handles 120-360 watts.
moh.vze.com Posted February 21, 2018 Report Posted February 21, 2018 Contact Hybrid Audio via E-Mail and get an open/damaged box Clarus 6.5 Component System. I have these inside my doors and they sound great. I couldn't get them to sound good in my eBay pods though. Image Dynamics CXS64 v2 in my cheap eBay door pods sound decent (I had Hybrid Audio Unity series in my pods before I did the switch). The Image Dynamics midbass requires more depth to mount though. It's been hard for me to try and upgrade my Clarus passive system to something else because it just sounds too good. I think what makes it stand out is the amazing Tweeters because my previous setup was the Hybrid Audio Unity line (uses same midbass speakers as the Clarus I think?). If I were to upgrade again one day I really want to try the old school Hertz 165XL. DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs
PC Principal Posted March 20, 2018 Report Posted March 20, 2018 Not sure what your budget is, but my recommendation is the RF Punch Pro mids and tweets. I have a set of the 6.5's in my doors on a Punch 400 and they scream. https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pp4-nt/ https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pps4-6/ 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser RF Power T1000 BDCP RF Punch 400-4 2 P2D4 12's
slowfkncar Posted March 21, 2018 Report Posted March 21, 2018 Imo, for 3.5kw I'd start by looking at my mounting depth and attempt a 2 way active setup.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.