Jump to content

cordless tools 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver/Impact Driver


Recommended Posts

Posted

I use dewalt 18v  but going to upgrade to the 40v batteries soon

 

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear






dc_audio.jpg

Posted

I use dewalt stuff at work.  It's been good to me, no issues at all since going to the lithium/brushless stuff a few years back.  For small dash removal and amp installs and such, I've even had pretty good luck with the cheapo hitachi tools (i got a couple drill/impact driver kits for like $10 on clearance)  .  Biggest problem with the hitachi's has been the chargers, haven't had any issues with the tools or batts. 

 

My lil bro is a mobile tech and does a lot more heavy duty work.   He swears by the milwaukee stuff (there is a higher, brushless motor series, FUEL I think?).   He's been through a lot of tools, and the milwaukee holds up best for him, even better than some of the way more expensive stuff like snap-on, mac, matco, etc.  His tools are tortured day in and day out, so I definitely trust his opinion. 

Posted

I dont do alot of heavy duty drilling or anything so i just buy the cheaper black and decker 20v lithium stuff. Never had an issue. Have had my drills and saws for years and use them around the house frequently. For heavier duty work i always prefer a corded tool.

Posted

I use Dewalt 20v and have no issues. However, been using Dewalt since it was a good brand but then they sold out and now days it's hit or miss.  There is said to be better out there.  I also use Makita, Bosch, and Milwaukee tools but not cordless drills and have good luck with them.  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

I have a porter cable 18v nicad and a black and decker 20v lithium. I don’t use them much, or for anything too strenuous, so the cheapness of them fits what I need. 

Posted

I also use dewalt 20v tools, but i prefer to use milwaukee bits and drills as they hold up very well.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

Milwaukee 18v here. Been real happy with it. 3/8 & 1/2 impact, 3/8 ratchet, drill/driver, leaf blower, hedge trimmer, and vacuum. 

Posted

Get the cheaper $99 kits and buy a 5ah or 6ah battery to unlock the tools full potential, along with longer run times and more power to do jobs with.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 474 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...