Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Jesus, I would think this should be an easy question for the ef'ing manufacturer, but apparently not for Kenwood :(  I have a Kenwood Excelon Dpx592bt of which the volume control goes up to 35. I've been using 32 as a max volume without clipping.... but its been so long, I don't remember where I got that number. from. Just trying to confirm... and unbelievably, Kenwood doesn't know this info either ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, nauc said:

play a 1khz test tone.  you can hear clipping.  tones at the very bottom.  you can wire up your speakers in series too if youre afraid you might burn em up

 

https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374120-Amplifier-Level-Setting-Guide

 

 

You can hear clipping ????  Thats new as fuck to me.....

 

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
  • Haha (+1 Rep) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would bet most manufacturers don't know, it's possible to be different even between the same models. You and I could have the same headunit and get different results so they would have to test each unit individually. Best bet is to use a DD-1 or a good oscope to determine max clean output.

 

30 minutes ago, nauc said:

play a 1khz test tone.  you can hear clipping.  tones at the very bottom.  you can wire up your speakers in series too if youre afraid you might burn em up

 

https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374120-Amplifier-Level-Setting-Guide

 

 

That may or may not work for clipping and I won't pretend to know otherwise, but clipping isn't the only form of distortion. If OP is really looking for max clean output then using the right tools is the best way to go.


 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

All Rockford Fosgate

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -TMS65

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

You can hear clipping ????  Thats new as fuck to me.....

 

What you never stick your ear to your amps when tuning??? 🤣

 I have noticed when using the dd1 on my 4 channel it makes a distinct hum when your really into the clipping, but not exactly at the clip point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fish Chris said:

Jesus, I would think this should be an easy question for the ef'ing manufacturer, but apparently not for Kenwood :(  I have a Kenwood Excelon Dpx592bt of which the volume control goes up to 35. I've been using 32 as a max volume without clipping.... but its been so long, I don't remember where I got that number. from. Just trying to confirm... and unbelievably, Kenwood doesn't know this info either ?

this has got to be the 15758th time your trying to bash a company for not catering to your entitled ass... you think someone at kenwood is goint to sit down and explain to you the manufacturing process and that tolerances blah blah blah... fuck i dont even wanna type this now probably just fall on def ears lol

 

and to put the icing on the cake your on a site that makes a distortion detector... wtf are you even doing here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Steve tested decks, he found that most manufacturers even the shittiest of the shittiest can put out a clean signal at max volume for a few points from max volume if the deck is set flat

 

I bought a dd1 plus last week

my pioneer Double-Din clips at the same exact point my one that was 3 years old volume 38 out of 40

 

I've since set gains for about four people since then and one that was Alpine when was a pioneer 2 power acoustics

 

The pioneer in Alpine single DIN let you go all the way to the last number Power acoustik Klimt about three points below max volume

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, never knows best said:

this has got to be the 15758th time your trying to bash a company for not catering to your entitled ass... you think someone at kenwood is goint to sit down and explain to you the manufacturing process and that tolerances blah blah blah... fuck i dont even wanna type this now probably just fall on def ears lol

 

and to put the icing on the cake your on a site that makes a distortion detector... wtf are you even doing here?

Fuck you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AaronT said:

When Steve tested decks, he found that most manufacturers even the shittiest of the shittiest can put out a clean signal at max volume for a few points from max volume if the deck is set flat

 

I bought a dd1 plus last week

my pioneer Double-Din clips at the same exact point my one that was 3 years old volume 38 out of 40

 

I've since set gains for about four people since then and one that was Alpine when was a pioneer 2 power acoustics

 

The pioneer in Alpine single DIN let you go all the way to the last number Power acoustik Klimt about three points below max volume

Thanks Aaron. Yea, I don't know where I got that 32 out of 35 from. But I guess it would really help to have a DD1 , or oscilloscope...

Edited by fishchris1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fishchris1 said:

Thanks Aaron. Yea, I don't know where I got that 32 out of 35 from. But I guess it would really help to have a DD1 , or oscilloscope...

Check out the smd tool map in my signature. Look up your location and contact some people close to you. Might need to throw some gas money there way but most people will gladly help a fellow bass head. I know I would 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...