Aliens, an open discussion

what are your opinions on the subject?

here is mine:

first of all i think aliens exist. statistically it is impossible for them to not exist considering the size of the universe.

second i think we will never be able to make contact, for a couple reasons.

size is the first. the universe is massive, and we move relatively slow. consider two things, the closest planet to our solar system and the fastest any human has ever traveled. the fastest a man has ever gone is around 39k kmh, the closest planet is about 10.5 light years away. so if we traveled at that speed it would take 284 millenia to reach the CLOSEST planet to us. furthermore this planet is just a gas giant like jupiter. as far as we know a planet like this cannot sustain life.

next is communication. we have been sending signals for years out into space. but lets think about this, who is to say that this alien race would recognize our signal as a signal? imagine a planet of dogs barking into space and us listening to space. if we heard this signal created by the dogs would we think anything of it? would we want to go see a planet of dogs? most likely not. plus there is no way that we could be able to understand their emotions or thoughts. what we see as happy may be their complete and utter disgust. get it? we could understand them as well as we understand a fish, maybe less.

and my last reason why we will never meet aliens is why would they come looking for us? just as i suggested with the dog metaphor, if these aliens are advanced enough to consider a journey to meet with other intelligent life then why in the world would they ever want to meet a less advanced society and give their technology to us?

let me know what you guys think about aliens. what do they look like? do they exist? where are they?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I do believe they exist.

I think they would try to travel and meet us just to know that they are not alone in the universe.

If they are so technically advanced that they can travel to distant planets in other solar systems I am sure they have a way to communicate, because communication is probably easier to manipulate than it would be to travel in space.

Honestly, OUR laws of physics say we cannot travel past the speed of light, Because no one on earth has found a way to bend space and create a wormhole to travel from point a to point b. But who is to say that another civilization on a distant planet has not discovered how to do so?

Also, Who says that in order for life to exist a planet has to have similar features.. We have found fish at the very bottom of the marriannas trench or whatever, the deepest part of the ocean on our planet, where only 2 people has ever been.. And in hot spots with waters of 1500+ degrees life existed, it was microscopic but it existed.

I do believe that some form of life lives out there somewhere. If they are like us or not, I do not know. I just hope they are fucking friendly if they are more advanced than us.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

they do exist as far as what they look like its nothing that a human being can comprehend because we are completely unique to the time and circumstances at which we were created as for our alien friends so they would be completely different

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

maybe we are the aliens.. :pardon:

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

derrick your response is a good one

what we know to be true and impossible is based on our limited intelligence.

e=mc^2 forbids anything to travel at the speed of light. but that formula was made by a nearly crazy guy with awful hair.

but another thing about these laws that theoretical physicists create, is that they are based on observations, a fair amount of which are not earth bound. they study the stars

and the life forms themselves, of course it is possible for them to be nothing like us at all. but the communication. how can two beings that are not like one another even try to think about communicating?

i think there are two distinct ways of thinking about this. aliens are somewhat like us or aliens are nothing like us.

if aliens are somewhat like us we can assume that communication would be possible but that they would most likely never become advanced enough to come see us.

if they are nothing like us then they might be able to come see us but we would never be able to understand them or them us.

if the aliens somehow were nothing like us but like us (best of both worlds) then i think we would have at least seen some evidence of them. but then the question comes up, would we recognize that evidence as significant?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

how about this, if aliens dont exist, that means bush is one of the smartest people in the universe. i rest my case

also i believe aliens exist, but they would never come here. im sure they know if we see them. were goin to:

1. kill them on sight

2. dissect them or enslave them

3. take all their shit and try to rule the world.

not sayin this is what id do. but alot of people especially in the government would

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I really don't believe in them but one thing in my life has caused me pause. I have an aunt and an uncle that are both getting on in years and pretty reliable people and they swear they both saw a huge ship hovering above them one night walking in the woods of Wisconsin.

I bet there were some beers involved, but that is probably about it... It always made me think, then I saw Escanaba in the Moonlight and realized how crazy Wisconsin people can get in the woods.

images-1.jpg

Archived