Jump to content

SnowDrifter

Super Moderator
  • Posts

    14671
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    156

Everything posted by SnowDrifter

  1. Tough question.. Because you have box rise and input voltage to consider when determining power output. In theory, about twice as much as 1 ohm. But on paper, not so much.
  2. Variac ordered. Should be fun to toy around with

  3. Same footprint of a D3100. Just taller.
  4. Ruh roh
  5. Kyle... You're a b!tch. When you said capped amps.. I thought you meant an amp/supercap combo all in one
  6. So you read on the internet that 18s can't play music? That's cute

    1. Show previous comments  5 more
    2. jdshott

      jdshott

      wow so I shouldn't buy 18s? so dc audio only sells them to look pretty ? wth!!!!

    3. swishahouse22

      swishahouse22

      I don't believe it I think if the box is built right it can sound good cause why would they make 18s and them not sound good that means the company is loosing money just like jdshott said their there just to look pretty makes no sense

  7. Ditched my POS K&N drop in filter. Yeah might let through more air, but they let in more dirt too

  8. The 1005 will do it no problem Here's another option for ya, which I'm pretty fond of http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/microprocessor-controlled+battery+charger-maintainer.do
  9. I think I may have made a bad assumption in that you had a 12v charger of some sort If you don't, no biggie. Hold off on the draw test until you get your new charger
  10. Resting voltage can/will be good even is the battery is bad. Especially if it's boiled off the electrolyte Uhh.... Try this: Put it in your car, only the d3400. Does it start? Ok. With the ignition on but car not running, turn on the headlights and time how long they stay on before battery voltage dips to 10.5v.
  11. Highly likely that there is some serious damage to your battery. The 14v chargers go into absorption mode at around 16.8v IIRC. If the battery tests good under load(testing internal resistance), put it under an extended 25a load and post back how long it lasts before dropping below 10.5v. That is a measure of the battery's capacity. I'm willing to bet that even if the load test is good, it will fall flat on it's face on this test. Edit: Now that I think about it, overcharging isn't warrantied by XS. You might be SOL You could always pop off the sticker, top cover, then little rubber nipples covering each cell and add some distilled water. Around 30ml per to start off. It would help with the capacity problem, but I doubt it would bring it back to new
  12. 3 things are infinite. The universe, human stupidity, and the amont of time spent on the toilet after bad mexican food

    1. Show previous comments  4 more
    2. Soccerballzs

      Soccerballzs

      And soft tissues for the ass.

    3. Casket

      Casket

      Don't forget amount of time spent on the toilet after GOOD mexican food lol

  13. If you haven't seen guardians of the galaxy, you're missing out. Very funny

    1. OrionStang

      OrionStang

      Looks funny, but not worth theatre prices.

    2. DubNDodge

      DubNDodge

      Just went and saw it a few hours. Freaking hilarious. The ent's grin after he speared those guards and shook/smacked them a million times. LOL

    3. Raptorman

      Raptorman

      One of my favorite movies now. Shit was fucking hilarious.

  14. Amazon is pretty good with this stuff. Let them know it was damaged in shipping. Iirc they'll give you a prepaid label to send this one back and get you a new one on the way
  15. Amazon is pretty good with this stuff. Let them know it was damaged in shipping. Iirc they'll give you a prepaid label to send this one back and get you a new one on the way
  16. Note to self... Putting a 100w ballast on a 35w hid bulb will make it glow orange-hot

    1. slamingsuburban

      slamingsuburban

      but was it brighter

    2. SnowDrifter

      SnowDrifter

      For about 5 seconds

    3. WastedTalent

      WastedTalent

      That's all you need, those 5 seconds.

  17. Lucy was a good movie. One of those head-y ones that make you think

    1. Show previous comments  4 more
    2. SnowDrifter

      SnowDrifter

      Lol no not like that.

      Think things like... Measurements. Is there really such a thing as measurements and distance or is it our way of trying to make sense of reality? If measurements and scales are a figment of the human mind, what really exists? What is absolute? Stuff like that

    3. Sutliff
    4. SnowDrifter
  18. Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most

    1. Show previous comments  3 more
    2. hershy314

      hershy314

      I would say I miss my sanity, but I don't remember it too well

    3. deathcards

      deathcards

      if you see my imaginary friend let me know that fucker owes me $20

    4. n1ghtsn1p3r

      n1ghtsn1p3r

      My mind and sanity has gone missing as well.

  19. I did the same thing with my watch on a fully charged cap bank. The links don't bend anymore and I have some scars on my wrist from it
  20. Note to self split drill bits cut 10x better. Can drill through a sheet of mdf in less than 2 seconds. Beats my old drill bits heating up, melting the MDF glue and getting clogged every hole

    1. Krakin

      Krakin

      BOW CHICCA WOW WOW

    2. iwannabeloud

      iwannabeloud

      Brad Points is where it is at.

    3. Soccerballzs

      Soccerballzs

      I use carbide bits for MDF.

  21. That heat sink in the middle with the fans on it looks pretty slick. Different look than screwing all the mosfets to the amp case for passive cooling As far as wattage... Going to guess 4433w combined
×
×
  • Create New...