Sonic Electronix

Why so much dislike for Kicker?

Reliability is pretty well, dealer prices are a tad high. Every part of them is foreign. Meh, I'll never hate on Kicker. I've worked with Kicker products a lot and like all mainstream they have haterz and nuthuggers. I think they make a product worth buying and they have some really good CS. I can't imagine all the product they have to replace and deal with as noobs flock to kicker. The Solo X is still one of my favorite subs, its just an awesome sub to play with. If you haven't had one in person or installed one, you wouldn't understand.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

i used to love kicker, hell my user used to be i like kicker, lol, but after i purchased and heard my first non mainstream sub, i knew i could never go back. Personally, their amps are what i like more than anything they have. The KS series components i have sound pretty good and not pricey either. Overall i kinda stay away from kicker but its nostalgic to me because kicker was my first setup. i have no hate, but the quality from mainstream to stuff like Fi, DC, AA, Sundown, etc(most popular here) is not even on the same radar. :shrug: i would still buy kicker stuff if it is cheap, just to play with it.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I see far more DC subs are the bestest EVAR than anything kicker.

kicker hasnt done anything innovative in years that has performed. The warhorse while great in theory just does not yield the results it should. Thats probably why they stopped making it.

kicker used to rock same as RF. but they both quit trying to be innovative and stay at the head of the class. They both have good amps but the woofer industry has passed them by big time.

I see more people saying DC is better too but it don't bother me cause IMO they are one of the top brands. Kicker on the other hand Isnt so every time someone says it is the more everybodys gonna hate Kicker.

I guess their amps is ok but only 2 ohm stable? Im good.

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

It's not that we don't like kicker we just know there are better thing out there for good prices! I'd be lying if I said you should pay 200 dollars for an l7 when I know of subs that take more power and sound much better for the same price

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

another thing that annoys me is if a kicker nuthugger sees you say another brand is better in any way, they call you a hater. actually i hate the world hater because its so stupid. its like a dumbasses defense for anything they cant actually argue you on

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

square subs. basicly wraps up the sub part.

amps at 2ohm only? wraps up the amp part.

speakers id say are ok im not a sq guy so anything is good for me if its loud lol.

bout sums it up..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

meh, i used to run kicker CVXs on an AQ1200d, was doing high 143s/low 144s with them on music out of the trunk, burped a 145 with em

switched over to DC... i hit lower numbers, and the woofers ripped to pieces on me... but ive done 3 build since then with dc woofers and it didnt go over too bad.. done some AA builds, dd builds, and sundown builds (other than my own) and they all just yielded better results and quality sound

so i dont have much of an issue with kicker.. just the noobs who run kicker comps think their the shit

square subs. basicly wraps up the sub part.

amps at 2ohm only? wraps up the amp part.

speakers id say are ok im not a sq guy so anything is good for me if its loud lol.

bout sums it up..

marketing.

ive had people argue with me about the square subs, saying they are the best because they are simply square

i've had people argue with me that 2 ohms is the best and the loudest

its just how they attract that standard consumer... there are plenty more "average consumers" out in the world than there are audiophiles like us

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kickers are decent for a mainstream brand. The only reason I have them is because I got them for an amazing deal, otherwise I would have gone with Fi. I was planning on gettin Fi's for a long time but then my neighbor put up 2 l7's and the zx1500 amp all for $250.

My build:

2001 Toyota Camry

two 12" Kicker l7 Solo-Barics

Kicker 1500ZX Amp

0-AG Wiring

Pioneer DEH-3300UB Head-Unit

It's got more to do with the people who run kicker then the actual brand itself.

The people who tend to run kicker and run their mouth talk like their shit is the best on the planet when it's mediocre at best.

Not to mention overpriced for what you're getting. (with the exception of the warhorse if you buy it from the right place. 10kwatts for under $2k isn't bad.)

not too worth it.

DC 9k is under $2k also. Much better amp.

^ this is the most common thing on this forum. Theres much more out there than DC, the forum should be changed to SMDC. There is no positive feedback on anything else when compared to DC. Also all the "little guys" out there have no room learn because they start getting equipment bashed.

Kicker is a solid brand with a solid reputation and costumer service. You dont start a franchise that last as long as kickers been around by building crap and not getting the job done

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Archived