Firefighters let house burn over $75 fee

Video wouldn't work for me. They stand in the intersections here too, taking donations in a boot. I always toss a few dollars in if they're right next to me.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Not to sound harsh, but it's fairly simple. Either pay the 75 bucks or you're out of luck. It's not like 75.00 is a lot to ask for fire protection. It's Hapened in the past in the same town, people should have heeded the warning that the fd isn't fucking around. They do make sure everyone is safe, it's not like they don't rescue you or your children if they're in there...

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

That little fee you pay is for the firefighters. It's only $75, but if they put out the fire even though they didn't pay the fee - the rest of the population might decide to skimp on their fee and then the firefighters have no funding.

I'm done playing devils advocate. They shouldn't have let the house burn IMHO - but there are always 2 sides to a story =)

The city is supposed to pay the fire department though, not individual home owners. That's the problem I see with it.

Can you imagine if each department started charging citizens individually? Someone is about to be murdered, but the policeofficers don't do anything because the person didn't pay their $75 fee? Now that would be dumb wouldn't it?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I feel sorry for these folks and It is unfortunate that the Fire department just watched it burn, but I have to agree with NAUTICAL7 on his point... It is like wrecking your car without car insurance. I wonder if they even had insurance on that trailer? And if they did, will it cover B/C they didn't pay their fee for the fire coverage?

Another point- has anyone on here actually seen a trailer fire before? Especially in older trailers- once they start, they get out of hand super fast. And whatever is left isn't worth having. The fire may have been to this point by then- like I said, it doesn't take long.

I complain about how much $$ my property taxes are (which include my fire coverage), but the one time the county fire department had to come out (side of the road was set on fire by some sorry kids and it set my WOODS on Fire!) they were worth every penny.

Devil's Advocate- I live in the county. If I want the trash men to pick up my trash, I have to pay $12 a month. In the city it is "FREE". Bull. It is worked in to the city taxes. It is MANDATED. You don't have a choice to NOT pay your Trash bill.... it is worked in. If I decided to not pay my $12 per month, should the trash men still pick up my trash???? The answer is no.

They had the CHOICE to pay that fee, and chose not to. ...with all that entails.

They should have paid the $75.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Video wouldn't work for me. They stand in the intersections here too, taking donations in a boot. I always toss a few dollars in if they're right next to me.

The money in the boot goes to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, it's not for funding the department.

In my country we use money from SPLOST, as well as a portion of taxes, as well as we sell calenders with advertising space on them, we do BBQ sales, chili cook offs, etc. I feel the $75 fee they charge from both sides, it's a small price to pay to help an organization that risks it all for your community whether it's at your house, your neighbors, or a total strangers... on the other hand in these tough times it can be looked at as unnecessary to some, there are people who go without much needed medicine to put food on the table for their families as is and the extra $75 may really be hard to come up.

...Both sides being said if I was to show up on that call they would be hard pressed to keep me from fighting to save that families home. I volunteered for several years before landing a paid job and even when there was little financial benefit for me I did it for the good of my community. Hard to see how anyone could just stand back and watch.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I'm with both sides if they didn't pay the fee it's like not having insurance and expect them to help me out. Because if they help me then other ppl are gonna stop payin. Rules are their for a reason and so are fines if you don't pay their need to be consequences sorry! It sucks they had to learn the hard way. I just hope they were aware of the fee.

$75 could be a lot of money to some people. I'd have a heart as a firefighter or cop or neighbor and paid the money for them. It's f'ed up the fire dept has to charge, but when they have no funding either, it's understandable. My only question is, is this legal if they receive state funding?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived