What Glue do you Use?

gorilla wood, elmers wood, titebond II, with a few screw and clamps to squeeze. caulk or silicone for sealing.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I always use the gorilla wood glue. It's the best I've found so far! :shrug:

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

I used titebond 2 on my box and a shit ton of screws. If i counted the screws i used on the whole box i probably used over 200. hahaha. Its true though with the liquid nails. That stuff is very bad for holding a box together because of the stress it will endure when your box pressure increases and decreases. Its more made to hold things onto walls or in place, not keep things bonded. Plus liquid nails doesnt seep into the wood like titebond or elmers wood glue will so its really not bonding anything well.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

good topic. i use titebond II and drywall screws i think. use pretty much whatever caulking my parents have lying around. usually it's dap.

I really had no idea there were differences in all of this. very enlightening.

i've never used it, but i'm curious to why liquid nails is bad for assembling an enclosure.

edit: ^ answered. kind of. can anybody explain why in noob terms?

again, good thread! :popcorn:

For rough cuts where you have gaps and shit, it may actually be beneficial to use since it has more 'bulk' to it and doesn't run as much. But it's just not great with end grain bonding, doesn't penetrate well and it can get messy as all hell if you get it where you don't want it.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

For rough cuts where you have gaps and shit, it may actually be beneficial to use since it has more 'bulk' to it and doesn't run as much. But it's just not great with end grain bonding, doesn't penetrate well and it can get messy as all hell if you get it where you don't want it.

Makes sense. thanks!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

titebond II and III. IF I have a gap I mix up some sawdust and glue and force it in. If its a high power install all the seams get glassed in a couple layers as well.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Very glad to hear all of this. But I guess I don't understand. I mean, you say liquid nails isn't good b/c of the pressures? I used some liquid nails on two pieces of 2x4, and honestly couldn't get it apart with a vice grip and a crowbar. The wood failed before the bond did.

mivtCK.png

Archived