DC Sound Lab

Level 5 sub clanking noise... recone time? Vid included

I agree with cody on that too. My neo has 7 spiders :)

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Yea when i heard it a weekend or two ago, it sound like a huge slapping noise, which i thought would be bracing of the port, but the sub would barely move. I think it may have just separated from the cone.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

uh oh, thats not good. if it is what i think it is , triple joint failure. this is what it will look like

IMAG0372-1.jpg

IMAG0374-1.jpg

IMAG0373-1.jpg

the cone ripped apart from the spider and VC joint. so i took the cone off and the spider was still in place. Which, of course, require you to recone. just got the parts at my local dealer and gonna pick it up tomorrow. and yes that is a level 5 15.

edit: or the coil as everyone says. try pushing the sub and see if you can push it, if you cant, then yea, you are fucked. if you can, MIGHT BUT MIGHT have a fix it yourself.....but doubt it.

I was just looking at your pics.. After you recone your sub check your amp settings as well as see if you have a major loading problem.. You will probably be back for another recone if you dont work on your install. In your pics u can see you tore the leads from the points where they sewn on from over excursion as well as the apparent issue of seperating the cone from the neck.. Doesn't really seem to be a tripple joint failure.. More of a load issue that caused all that damage from your install.

good thing it wasnt me that tore this sub up, as i has the subsonic filter few hz below the tuning of my box and know better not to play any song below 29hz when i had it. and i really didnt notice that ripped sewn until you pointed it out. and the cone came off the spider when i pulled it out from my friend's car (long story short, had set-up, sold said set-up to a friend, a day before i was gonna tune it, he put a song that i believed was a clipped song, and called me up after when he messed it up.)

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

uh oh, thats not good. if it is what i think it is , triple joint failure. this is what it will look like

IMAG0372-1.jpg

IMAG0374-1.jpg

IMAG0373-1.jpg

the cone ripped apart from the spider and VC joint. so i took the cone off and the spider was still in place. Which, of course, require you to recone. just got the parts at my local dealer and gonna pick it up tomorrow. and yes that is a level 5 15.

edit: or the coil as everyone says. try pushing the sub and see if you can push it, if you cant, then yea, you are fucked. if you can, MIGHT BUT MIGHT have a fix it yourself.....but doubt it.

I was just looking at your pics.. After you recone your sub check your amp settings as well as see if you have a major loading problem.. You will probably be back for another recone if you dont work on your install. In your pics u can see you tore the leads from the points where they sewn on from over excursion as well as the apparent issue of seperating the cone from the neck.. Doesn't really seem to be a tripple joint failure.. More of a load issue that caused all that damage from your install.

good thing it wasnt me that tore this sub up, as i has the subsonic filter few hz below the tuning of my box and know better not to play any song below 29hz when i had it. and i really didnt notice that ripped sewn until you pointed it out. and the cone came off the spider when i pulled it out from my friend's car (long story short, had set-up, sold said set-up to a friend, a day before i was gonna tune it, he put a song that i believed was a clipped song, and called me up after when he messed it up.)

I have had a friend do the same thing years ago lmao. Blew both my subs

Team S.S.C.

DB Drag Street A 2011 National Champ

DC Audio Dealer

Nor Cal AA Dealer

Incriminator Audio Dealer

CA Sundown Audio Dealer

[email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

hey blaze!

and thank you everyone for commenting.

the SD8k got the subs real stinky... then i guess the k12 just damaged it further.

i cant really really tell if im clipping, but i tried my best to set the amp's gain with a dmm, as well as backing it off by a hair of a turn.

(the gain is probably turned less than a quarter, my hu has 4v preouts,)

the subs hasnt gotten hot with the k12 or even close to any coil smell.

but i noticed really bad clanking after i played that one note in the song, "my shit bang" on the k12.

after that day, the noise was more present.

the sd8k did cause some coil rub, but i just played through it since it didnt affect the performance noticeably... or thats what i thought.

thank you guys for all your replies.

im gonna prep the basket tonight.

oh, about the resin, could i use resin and hardener from lowes?

or is this a special mixture you need to order?

i dont know if my recone came with the resin, but ill check the box again.

Edited by BFF Larry

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

For Sure recone time, i was watching the video and if you stare at the glue joint on top you can see it moving more than the cone, its a broke neck joint. only fix is a recone

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.