bass_stalker Posted September 5, 2012 Report Posted September 5, 2012 i'd give my left nut to have a dd-1 or much less an o-scope. but anyway the car audio world is like science. its tentative. it changes from time to time as new technology and methods come around. you just have to give the new methods and technology a try and see how they work, you have to throw out your bias and give everything a fair shot. JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.
Skullz Posted September 5, 2012 Report Posted September 5, 2012 These are people that can never be happy with anything so they go out of their way to try and make everyone around them as unhappy as they are and if it means bashing something or someone then they seem to have no problem with it. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
newls1 Posted September 5, 2012 Report Posted September 5, 2012 Its the simple fact that 95% of people are hypocrites, lemmings, or both. AMEN !!! I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
CleanSierra Posted September 5, 2012 Report Posted September 5, 2012 and yes, the DD-1 is better then an oscope in many ways (for setting gains), the CC-1 is better then whatever you were previously using to set crossovers (for most people, nothing), the AD-1 PROPERLY tests amps and gives accurate numbers....... of course we are going to market them as such in most cases. You can still ride a horse to work every day but if you have a great new invention, a car, why not drive it? If you invented the car, why not preach that its better then a horse, especially if it IS. one more thing STEEEEEVE, now this needs to be moved to the 18+ section.... Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
sprkn_ranger Posted September 5, 2012 Report Posted September 5, 2012 I have noticed though that when these new tools come out, the old ways of doing it are completely bashed by the people marketing them. Such as setting gains with a dmm as opposed to a dd-1. So its kind of hypocritical to put the blame all on the people bashing the old ways, when in fact the whole marketing strategy is showing that the new tools are the only way to properly do it. 90% of the shit you post is wrong or stupid. You new to sit back and read the forums and learn more before you try to post "information" As for people who bash new products, I really dont see the point. Like Steve always says, "if you don't like my products, no one is forcing you to buy them." This post has NOTHING to do with any of Steve's products. It's about the bashers no matter what product. There was no need to put Steve's quote in this post. I understand the post has nothing to do with Steve's products, I was trying to make a point about people who bash products by quoting what Steve has said before when someone was bashing the design of one of his products. I didn't mean for any disrespect if it was perceived that way Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
sayhuh? Posted September 5, 2012 Report Posted September 5, 2012 It's why I refused to even post in that thread. I know nothing of what he was doing, nor do I care because 99.9999% of my time in car audio, I will never need to use or will I care to. This goes along with 90% of those who who reply to threads like that. I love the DD-1 and CC-1, and glad it's out and affordable, but it doesn't mean I will bash those who use o-scopes. Or don't use anything. Their choice. Blown
dog24fret Posted September 5, 2012 Report Posted September 5, 2012 Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
iceman1575 Posted September 5, 2012 Report Posted September 5, 2012 one more thing Was I the only one who caught this? Of course, when I stepped into this topic, I figured it was going to be a drunk ninja post anyways...haha. Although you guys do have a point. POTATO!
sprkn_ranger Posted September 5, 2012 Report Posted September 5, 2012 Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
TeamHT Posted September 5, 2012 Report Posted September 5, 2012 and yes, the DD-1 is better then an oscope in many ways (for setting gains), the CC-1 is better then whatever you were previously using to set crossovers (for most people, nothing), the AD-1 PROPERLY tests amps and gives accurate numbers....... of course we are going to market them as such in most cases. You can still ride a horse to work every day but if you have a great new invention, a car, why not drive it? If you invented the car, why not preach that its better then a horse, especially if it IS. one more thing Exactly my point. I understand the bashing thing, especially if the poster is a hypocritical bandwagonner, but the main point is some ways are just not correct. And even though they were used at the time, we know better now. Science and tools have gotten better, why would we not want to use them? Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.