Escalade EXT (4)Rockford T2 12's (UPDATE 12/3/12: Complete! Video & Pics up)

edit

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

You can clamp the alternator first and then I would get bigger batteries. At least get 1 or 2 D3100's for sure. Then check all grounds and make sure you have the proper wire to run that kind of power.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Get a d7000 xs

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Check for woofers wired out if phase. It's an easy mistake to make and will.cause the same amount of voltage drop as normal.

Also make sure the amps are set accordingly. Clipping will draw more current.

On note of loudness, open the tailgate and see how it sounds. If louder open, it's not sealed off well enough

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

what is the alternator rated at idle? and i would have gone with 3 d3100 for the power youre running

I think the alt is rated at 240 idle. We clamped it and it's putting down like 110 idle, 250 full tilt. We are sending it back to mechman tomorrow. We tried running one amp and 2 T2's off it, with the gain all the way down on that one amp, 10/62 on the radio (pioneer premier test radio), and the amp saw 9V and shut down. We checked all grounds and wired it according to a schematic given to us by our rockford rep. (I didn't personally wire the grounds up). Everything is Rockford 1/0 single run to the cap, buss bars in the back, all soldered terminals, everything is rock solid. This just isn't making sense. The customer is going to buy 2 more xs dc3100s :morepower1: ! And if this alternator passes the test bench from mechman, I just don't know. We are ordering a dual alt bracked and using the factory alt for it's purpose, and the 370 (self exciting) for it's purpose. I really think the alternator is what's causing the problem. As I said, it wouldnt even push 1 2500 with the gain at 1. And I mean the subs were barely moving.

Another thing to mention too. We installed a digital stinger meter which reads 13.8v solid, all the time. Only a multimeter can read the voltage drop, (happens really fast), which makes me think capacitor problem. Or we just need a Vu-din xD. I see the use for it now steve, and I wish I had one! We used the DD-1 and CC-1 also just so everyone knows! Props to Steve and Tony for designing great products!

Check for woofers wired out if phase. It's an easy mistake to make and will.cause the same amount of voltage drop as normal.

Also make sure the amps are set accordingly. Clipping will draw more current.

On note of loudness, open the tailgate and see how it sounds. If louder open, it's not sealed off well enough

Each pair of subs reads 2 ohms at the box terminals.

what is the alternator rated at idle? and i would have gone with 3 d3100 for the power youre running

I think the alt is rated at 240 idle. We clamped it and it's putting down like 110 idle, 250 full tilt. We are sending it back to mechman tomorrow. We tried running one amp and 2 T2's off it, with the gain all the way down on that one amp, 10/62 on the radio (pioneer premier test radio), and the amp saw 9V and shut down. We checked all grounds and wired it according to a schematic given to us by our rockford rep. (I didn't personally wire the grounds up). Everything is Rockford 1/0 single run to the cap, buss bars in the back, all soldered terminals, everything is rock solid. This just isn't making sense. The customer is going to buy 2 more xs dc3100s :morepower1: ! And if this alternator passes the test bench from mechman, I just don't know. We are ordering a dual alt bracked and using the factory alt for it's purpose, and the 370 (self exciting) for it's purpose. I really think the alternator is what's causing the problem. As I said, it wouldnt even push 1 2500 with the gain at 1. And I mean the subs were barely moving.

The 370A for those vehicles they say will do around 200 flat at idle. Even if it's only doing 110 at idle it shouldn't drop to 9v at not even 1/4 tilt, one amp. You have a problem somewhere else would be my guess. Also, is the Stinger volt meter hooked up at the amp or the batteries?

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Like someone posted earlier if you guys had the alternator hooked up in the OEM spot then it is being controlled by the PCM. If its not in the OEM spot then I think your problem lies somewhere in the wiring or with that Capacitor. Start in the front and work your way rear. Good luck

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Archived