ALPINE408 Posted October 26, 2012 Report Posted October 26, 2012 Fuck it I'm out to just stating what I would do. I like full controll good luck going acctive Have you ever had your woofers blown?
kingsuv Posted October 26, 2012 Report Posted October 26, 2012 Good lord help ya all. Look. Going active merely means you want to have the amp (or deck) control your crossover points. Has NOTHING to do with SQ. While YES it is the direction of what an SQ setup is, It doesn't mean he is looking to compete with 5 sets of comps. yes you can have it set where you have a channel to each speaker, or even groups of the same speaker on the same channel. keep your crossover settings for each tweeter channel the same. Do not try to make some play in a different range then others. It will be more of a headache then its worth. Be careful of the power you put to a tweeter that was once part of a comp set. They don't take the full power like the whole set was rated. If it sounds great to you, then welcome to having a SQ setup. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
White Lightning Posted October 26, 2012 Report Posted October 26, 2012 OK Roscoe ... Active wiring is the easy part, but thats alot of components just to hook up and I want to give the best advice possible to make his system work correctly ... and then some if possible ... 4 sets are for the front, 1 set are for the rear.... Front stage includes the following: A Pillars, kick panels, then 2 sets per door. Rear fill includes just 1 set per door What kind of vehicle are we talking about here ?? I'm assuming a 4 dr SUV ... You must be trying to set up a system to match or get close to a big bass system ... correct ??? Also ... What kind of components are we talking about there (brand(s)and are they 2 way or 3 way passive) and can we get a better idea on the installation configuration on this front stage ?? Pics of the dash and doors would help ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Kyblack76 Posted October 26, 2012 Report Posted October 26, 2012 geeeeeeeeez.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
kickass audio Posted October 26, 2012 Report Posted October 26, 2012 So much butthurt. I think this forum should have some KY every time you log in for all the butthurt members who cant accept that their opinions dont always get taken all the times. OP: doing it the way i described will work just fine. Having the fade in my opinion is pointless since i would have only used that if i were to play surround sound on my system. Since i dont do that i have no care if there is fading from front to rear. Just connect the rca's coming out of your headunit (or whatever else you may be using for your source unit), split it as many times as you need to connect to just your mids amps, then connect the rca outputs (as long as its either full pass or high pass, full pass would be best for future upgrades) to a digital sound processor (3sixty, audiocontrol, etc) and then connect the outputs from the processor to your amps you are using for the highs. And i just want to say as a quick side note from what i experienced with my tweeters by running full active. I have a 175.4 setup so that 2 channels are my mids and another 2 are my highs. The mids have the gain set so that its up all the way to -5db before it clips, the tweeters i couldnt do that with because they cant handle that much power and were crackling to all hell and one i actually seized up the diaphragm so i had no choice but to turn the gain down on the tweeter output of the amp. Just keep this in mind. Tweeters dont always need that much power to get loud as mids/subs do. 2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress
newls1 Posted October 26, 2012 Author Report Posted October 26, 2012 Bill, Roscoe........ As dumb as i am, can I just have some one do a wire schematic on how to wire up 5 comp sets to 3 4ch's? That would answer all my questions... the tuning part i can play around with later. Thanks.... Bill, also once i get my next paycheck, door panels will be heading your way. I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
White Lightning Posted October 27, 2012 Report Posted October 27, 2012 Ok then ... My question is Just hooking up 4 component sets ( no brand names or type component sets given) active on your front stage (I don't think its going to stage and image well at all) and one component set (not sure if it really needs ran off of an amp or not) for your rears is going to work for you ??? Do you know what crossover points you are going to use ?? No listening prefferences were given and is as if you was just posting and not wanting any sugggestion from us at all ... SQ, SPL, SQL ??? I wish I had more info on your vehicle's installation design to be able to help with better suggestions ... I asked for a vehicle description and listening preference to help you set your system up and no answer was given ... I'm not mad or butt hurt in any way ... but you asked for help and wouldn't accept our suggestions ... I thought that helping people with their systems is why we are here ... My apologies for asking this ... but if you can not answer this simple question yourself ... Bill, Roscoe........ As dumb as i am, can I just have some one do a wire schematic on how to wire up 5 comp sets to 3 4ch's? Then why are you a SMD moderator ??? I'm positive that I will be banned after this post, but I was only trying to give out the best suggestion to help set your system up to work at its optimum potential ... SMD is a great forum and I really enjoy posting here ... Sorry for my rant on this guys ... Randal ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
newls1 Posted October 27, 2012 Author Report Posted October 27, 2012 Ok then ... My question is Just hooking up 4 component sets ( no brand names or type component sets given) active on your front stage (I don't think its going to stage and image well at all) and one component set (not sure if it really needs ran off of an amp or not) for your rears is going to work for you ??? Do you know what crossover points you are going to use ?? No listening prefferences were given and is as if you was just posting and not wanting any sugggestion from us at all ... SQ, SPL, SQL ??? I wish I had more info on your vehicle's installation design to be able to help with better suggestions ... I asked for a vehicle description and listening preference to help you set your system up and no answer was given ... I'm not mad or butt hurt in any way ... but you asked for help and wouldn't accept our suggestions ... I thought that helping people with their systems is why we are here ... My apologies for asking this ... but if you can not answer this simple question yourself ... Bill, Roscoe........ As dumb as i am, can I just have some one do a wire schematic on how to wire up 5 comp sets to 3 4ch's? Then why are you a SMD moderator ??? I'm positive that I will be banned after this post, but I was only trying to give out the best suggestion to help set your system up to work at its optimum potential ... SMD is a great forum and I really enjoy posting here ... Sorry for my rant on this guys ... Randal ... Banned...... No. but i can 100% say DO NOT POST IN HERE ANYMORE..... Dont know where the hell you come off thinking you can talk up your shit in this thread but it is NOT happening in here.. Dont know why you say "butthurt" in my thread a few times, but apparently you are, otherwise you wouldnt keep saying it. And btw, this thread was mainly made for the 3 important members of which I wanted them to see this, and there for they all ready know my goals, and hopes for this setup.. No need to explain it AGAIN to people like you who of course know EVERYTHING Thanks dude, but GTFO.... HAve a lovely day **EDIT** oh yeah, smart guy, oops I mean cablegay, oops i mean cableguy... You dont have to be a SPEAKER GOD to become a mod here, but rather be trust worthy and lend a helping hand when that "helping hand" needs to be helped..... Keep that in mind I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
pa-pa-platypus Posted October 28, 2012 Report Posted October 28, 2012 i am going to say what i have to say and leave it at that... one of the biggest problems i have with this forum (hell car audio in general) is it basically impossible to just ask a simple question and get an answer... cableguy you have an awesome sounding truck and want others to have the same i understand where you are coming from but sometimes people just wanna know how to do something and go off on their own and then find what they like.. at one point in time EVERY innovator was told "thats dumb why the hell would you do that" and they got the satisfaction of sitting back and laughing when it murdered everyone else.. builds lack originality anymore..its all the same shit and when someone tries something different or want to do something they think they will like over what someone else did (or what the internet fad is saying is cool) they get bashed for it.. and yes im ranting im about half drunk lol SETH FOR PRESIDENT This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned 151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz 153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz power: dd m4
ROLEXrifleman Posted October 28, 2012 Report Posted October 28, 2012 For what it's worth: would be cool to know what equipment your running. I ASSumed all the tweets are the same so I would give them all teh same x-over freq. All on one amp no channel driven below 2 ohms. Easy to set teh x-over point Amp 2 i dodnt know if all your mids are teh same but if not this gives you a set up with 2 x-over points. Amp three lets you dial in the rear fill all alone. Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.