Jump to content

Deadly Year on MY Street; Red Light Runners


Recommended Posts

Posted

What would you guys do about that street if the decision was up to you? If cameras didn't help, I honestly don't know what I would

Brighter lights, longer timers. Create a 2-3 second interval between the time the light turns red and the other turns green.

And convert all turn lanes into no-turn-on-red lanes and start enforcing that.

Posted

Here's one problem I've been a part of. I have been stopped for window tint and loud exhaust. I the mean time, there are ricers racing eachother(slow, but still) and people running reds.

I fail to see their logic.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

What would you guys do about that street if the decision was up to you? If cameras didn't help, I honestly don't know what I would

Brighter lights, longer timers. Create a 2-3 second interval between the time the light turns red and the other turns green.

And convert all turn lanes into no-turn-on-red lanes and start enforcing that.

No right turns on red are allowed between 3-6pm, and plenty of drivers get nabbed for that, too. I guess their is a need for more motor units. That way, when one unit makes a traffic stop, there is another to take his place.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Concrete barriers that go up in the non-turn lanes when the light is red, haha

see somebody whack that shit going 40

LOL, you're thinking like an engineer should ;)

Second(Dark) car in this vid that tries it has/had a baby in the back seat, hence the guy freaking the fuck out.

Posted

What would you guys do about that street if the decision was up to you? If cameras didn't help, I honestly don't know what I would

Brighter lights, longer timers. Create a 2-3 second interval between the time the light turns red and the other turns green.

And convert all turn lanes into no-turn-on-red lanes and start enforcing that.

that wont work. red light runners will run even more lights knowing they have more time now. and besides i think we do have that but its a second or 2

thats like trying to ban high cap mags to reduce crime. it just wont help

Posted

in LA people didnt vote to take them cameras off.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500202_162-20084633.html

Los Angeles - one of more than 500 cities that have red light cameras - has decided to pull the plug.

As CBS News National Correspondent Ben Tracy reported, Los Angeles' system managed to be unpopular and a money-loser at the same time.

Los Angeles has 32 red light cameras at various intersections around the city. Since 2004, they have caught 180,000 drivers breaking the law. Yet only about 60 percent of them ever paid the whopping $500 tickets. The city was reportedly losing $1.5 million a year on the program, according to the City of Los Angeles' information.

So on Wednesday, the Los Angeles City Council unanimously voted to turn off the red light cameras.

Eric Garcetti, president of the Los Angeles City Council, said, "We want safe intersections, but there's not any data that proves this was making these intersections any safer."

At least 32 cities nationwide have turned on red light cameras only to switch them back off either because of court orders, collection issues, or data showing they don't improve safety.

Jay Beeber, who opposes the red light cameras, told CBS News, "That's what's really important here - that the people of LA will be safer because of the end of this program."

Adding to the outrage among Los Angeles drivers is this week's revelation that paying the camera fines has always essentially been voluntary because the city couldn't figure out if they were legally enforceable.

Like most folks in Los Angeles, Abigail Stone spends a lot of time in her car. So it was only a matter of time before she got caught by the eye in the sky.

"When I started going through it, I swear it was green because I wouldn't have gone through it and all the sudden (it just went) 'boop'" Stone said.

Now Stone says she wants her money back.

She said, "Why did I pay this ticket? Why was I being such a good citizen throughout the whole thing? Why didn't I just ignore it? Who do I have to call to a refund on this?"

The Los Angeles camera program officially ends on Sunday.

For more on the legal side of red light cameras, "The Early Show" turned to CBS News Legal Analyst Jack Ford.

Posted

Concrete barriers that go up in the non-turn lanes when the light is red, haha

see somebody whack that shit going 40

LOL, you're thinking like an engineer should ;)

Second(Dark) car in this vid that tries it has/had a baby in the back seat, hence the guy freaking the fuck out.

Like these. Good luck with that. Used at military bases, federal buildings, etc

DSC900.jpg

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Posted

i like the poles, poles come up at red light and its either hit them or stop. then people wont be able to tbone anyone and if your dumb enough to try to run the light either your car is totaled with a no payout from insurance for negligent driving and you have fines with a min payment of what it cost for the clean up and repairs of the poles if needed + up to $1000 or at least the cost of repair of the poles + up to $1000

would be some hefty fines for those dumb enough to do it, sure would stop it quick.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

only bad thing about the poles is what would happen if an emergency vehicle was behind traffic, cars couldn't just pull forward to get out of the way

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.



EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Posted

People like this are the reason roundabouts are popping up everywhere... I see one in your future

You don't get to the big city much, do you? We have s many people crammed into such a small area. The Stores are right on the streets, they would have to tear them down to build the roundabouts. Aint gonna happen.

They have actually done that in quite a few places in green bay, just bought/seized the stores/property and put them in. Two and three lane roundabouts even. Theyre a bitch at first cause no one knows how to drive through them right, but after a while people get it. yeah theres more accidents, but they're mostly fender benders, and NOT fatalities. Cars are replaceable.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2203 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...