SF turning into Gotham City for a day

batkid.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco is about to transform into Gotham City and a 5-year-old boy will get his wish as he comes to the city’s rescue.
While 5-year-old Miles will become Batkid Friday, he’s already a superhero. He’s battled a villain, Leukemia, most of his life and he’s winning. Miles is now in remission.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation is making Miles’ dreams of becoming Batman, or Batkid, a reality.
"The wish he expressed carried so much in it. We are able to have fun with it, we'll be having a good time," said Eric Johnston of the Make-A-Wish foundation who will be dressing up as Batman tomorrow and accompanying Miles.
Miles received acrobatic training Thursday in preparing for his busy day Friday.
"If you really want to be batman you have to have the skills to fight crime. So he is coming here to learn some tumbling and acrobatics," said Barry Kendall of the Circus Center in San Francisco.
Batkid will start his day saving a damsel in distress along the cable car line, then he’ll stop the Riddler from robbing a vault before pausing for some superkid fuel at the Burger Bar. But he’ll have to eat fast so he can be ready for a phone call telling him the Penguin has kidnapped San Francisco Giants mascot, Lou Seal.
While Miles’ adventure hasn’t quite started, he already has a huge crowd cheering him on. People from as far away as Egypt have posted signs of encouragement on Facebook and the Tweets have been non-stop. Even 49ers’ star, Joe Montana, is cheering Batkid on.
“Never in my wildest dreams did I think SF would respond this way," said Patricia Wilson of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Organizers say the already famous caped-crusader and his family don’t even know all that is in store for him Friday.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

At first, thought you were talking about this....

Screen_Shot_2013-11-13_at_10.39.23_AM_64

Yes, that's a real, working, bat mobile. And it's going up for auction, expected to be around $180,000.

But read your post and that's cool. I agree with big dee. When you're little and life hands you the biggest pile of shit that even adults probably couldn't even handle, such as those types of diseases and such, and then people do what they can to please you? Well... nothing to say except that's good shit. Never know, maybe even just a simple handshake from someone they admire could change one of their lives from dying to overcoming and beating the disease. So city of SF doing that? For sure, good to hear.

Sheena = pedobear

Just saw this on the news I think that's fucken awesome!!

I had 2 friends that got their wish

Unfortunately they both past away both from cancer.

one was 13 iirc he got to meet/hangout with the wwe crew and a bunch of other stuff

The other was 17 he got to his truck fixed up (rims,paint, interior and some other stuff)

That's awesome, I hope that more places do stuff like this, Everyone deserves a little bit of happiness, Making a child's dream come true, Priceless.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Thats great to see!! I love San Fran I miss living out there

Thats great to see!! I love San Fran I miss living out there

Not with this bipolar ass weather

On the other note, I love my city

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

I saw this on the news just as i bolted for work.

Very very cool. I heard the lady say they were HOPING for 200 people to help, and eneded up getting like 1300 or some mad amount.

Very very very cool. I hope they video tape it all so we can see the look on his face.....

This stuff really melts my heart...just thinking about all that lil boy has been through and how excited he has to be to get to be batman for a day...just wow. Very cool!!

Archived