Cheap 4 Gauge wire!!

Pretty sure there has been tested resistance over length for pure copper. So if the wire matches said resistance I'd say its pretty darn close.

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Because the manufacturers say it is and they are reputable companies. Your eBay links don't say anything about what makes up the wire. And tin is not added to the wire, it's a coating to prevent corrosion. Still I would rather buy quality wire than some ratty ass looking used wire out if a car.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

he's definitely the seller. and again, random fucking pieces of wire that have been through fuck knows what. but watch out, it came out of a BMW. It must auto add 15db. Plus, it's not this new cheap pure OFC wire we can get buy for ridiculously good prices these days. Nope, it's old stuff...always better.

LOL. Products can say OFC, Even 100% OFC. Tinned Copper is 100% OFC and........ tin is added. So it's in the wording. Honestly, I'm not the seller. I mentioned earlier in the post, its for the guys that can't afford much, and to try and avoid the gimmick stuff.

insightslide_wire_zpsebf148e9.jpg

Chris Hammer, I can not comment on the site sponsors product. But China makes use of 40% of the copper mined world wide. If SHCA product is imported from the Orient, how do you know for sure that the purity standards in the smelting process are being followed to remove as much oxygen as possible? You seriosly have to question where this stuff is coming from.

Im sorta going off topic, but if you flip most high end amps, they are made in the orient. There's a reason,.... rare earths needed to make the boards and components. They prices are kept low in manufacturing and in the fact that they do not have to outsource their rare earths. All Im saying is, Chris and Mr Skippy, how do you know what you're getting is pure?

-Frank

and you must realized that the conductivity is negligible with the coating of tin. Its not mixed with the copper.. and you think that wire you linked isnt tinned it more then likely is ... and probably smelted at the same plant as most automotive wire how do we know that wire you linked is pure we don't

Because the manufacturers say it is and they are reputable companies. Your eBay links don't say anything about what makes up the wire. And tin is not added to the wire, it's a coating to prevent corrosion. Still I would rather buy quality wire than some ratty ass looking used wire out if a car.

Good morning Mr SKippyJ. So here is where the fun begins. The BMW wires come with stock numbers. As any other companies do, parts are out sourced. We can only depend on the reputation of the company supplying the item in question. I can tell my your reply, you acutally "thought" about what I said. lol. When you say "100% OFC", you're paying the processing of the wire, and not necessarily just the wire. The cost factor is the process.

Now how can tin NOT be added to the wire, it's a coating to prevent corrosion?? It's one and the same. lol.

Please refer to the pic on the comparison. You can clearly see that X inch segment of tinned copper weighs in 2.57g and the uncoated copper wire weighs in at 2.14g.

Now (Sn)tin weighs in at 118.71g/mol and (Cu) weighs in at 63.55g/mol.

Now, given the diameter of the Tinned vs. Untinned, you're see that the "thickness" as you guys say, are about the same in the chart, but when massed there is a difference. The difference is the coating. I guess I can do the math, when dealing with percentages, to get to the same % of thickness, there has to be less of one (copper) and more of the other (tin) since it in fact takes up space. If tin didn't make up the mass difference, than both wires should weigh the same.

Same goes for CCA. Al(aluminum) weighs in at 26.98G/mol, and Cu(copper) 63.55g/mol. Though Cu is heavier, it only makes up 10% of the wire, the rest is 90% aluminum. Some companies will OVERSIZE the wire to get the conductivity rating they are after thus some wire will not fit the typical distribution blocks from other companies. Of the wires with same "thickness" the weight is great when comparing bare copper to CCA. I had to return a 4G wire to the Ebay seller because that shit was CCA. I could tell even before I opened the box. "Shit I've been had!". This is the point of my thread!

Chris Hammer, I would love to test my theory, because I am pretty sure I am right about what I'm saying about the "% by mass" which is what we are learning now. Maybe tarnish ability can be factor, if it's not processed the rate will be different than unprocessed copper. (?)

-Frank

Soooo much face palm in this thread. If you believe you're so right about your amazing BMW wire, get yourself a few feet of toadays reputable brands (KNU, SHCA) and test them yourself. I have used factory 4 gauge from cars. It's thick jacketed and has less thicker strands, making it less flexible. As far as bargain and quality, KNU and SHCA will outperform your magical wire any day. As stated before, 17 feet for 27 bucks for wire that is bigger than spec and flexible as shit will always be the winner. You have this misconception that every company uses cheep copper to achieve lower prices, but it's just not the case. Quality name wire today is better than wire has ever been in the past.

Oh well I tried. I did this post for the younger guys who have limited funds but want the real deal. I am a BMW owner, but that's not why I would buy their wire. I just know they would not skimp on their product. No I am not the seller. lol. I'm just expressing a view point. Like I have posted in my other threads, I'm going to be 41 in the next few days, and I'm getting back into car audio. Car audio has changed alot. For the better and for the worst it seems. No, I'm not going to preach "Back in my day" stuff. lol.

I was merely taking a break from studying chemistry, and logged on to ebay, than here just to "share information on what thought was interesting". Everyone is so hung up on price. lol. I'm hung up on quality.

-Frank

41 and your name is "deeznutz"? Smh, I thought you were like 16-17.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

And us "younger guys" know what the REAL deal is. You seem to be the one lost and confused. Not to offend our older members, but wire back in your day was nothing like today. It was extremely unflexible and had no where near the strand count as today. I agree there are cheep eBay companies selling CCA wire and not expressing it as such. But an ounce of research will go a long way when choosing wire.

Id love to conduct an expierement as well. Is the OP down for my style testing?

My idea is to buy 4 feet of the following:

Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks OFC 4gauge

Sky High Car Audio OFC 4gauge

Stinger HPM 4gauge

Used OEM BMW 4gauge

My testing procedure would be to whip you on your back with each piece of wire to see if you can tell the difference between the great bmw wire compared to these other highly sought after brands people are using.

Since your claiming that tinned wire is not OFC, and that Knukonceptz only makes CCA wire you should easily be able to tell the difference and know which wire is the BMW wire at the bare minimum!

Archived