Voltage- How low is too low?

I only use a 9v battery. It's cheap enough if it dies on me.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

The difference in output and sound quality is noticeable below resting voltage. At least in my experience.

Yeah, 14 Volts is happiness- 13 is just fine- 12 is meh, 11 sucks and 10 is blue smoke land. Like I said though- output goes to so much trash by high 11s that I try not to go there. lol.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

The difference in output and sound quality is noticeable below resting voltage. At least in my experience.

Yeah, 14 Volts is happiness- 13 is just fine- 12 is meh, 11 sucks and 10 is blue smoke land. Like I said though- output goes to so much trash by high 11s that I try not to go there. lol.

Blue smoke is cool (when it's not you)

Ya i have notice with my system that 3/4 tilt the voltage is high 13s and at full tilt drops to high 12s when sub amp is drawing the hardest. Nice to a VM to know what the systems doing. Cant imagine what it was at before alt and added battery and VM. Shit costs $ to make power and my systems only 3000 watts but have over a grand in electrical alone. Gotta pay to play... right!

I know Myers would demo into the 9's before he installed his bad ass new bank.

At AR, Justin sat there at idle, and after a good amount of horsing around, i peaked in and saw 10.4 on the dash, at the exact same time, he reached in,...., and turned it UP, and just walked off.. lulz......

So, where does shit happen? i dunno.

Myself, if i can stay somewhere around rest (full tilt, 4 songs in) im very happy. Its hard with a lot of demand. :shrug:

That said, on my very first bass race run, i pulled a 11.8 on my fluke. (its always running MIN/MAX and tapped right to my amp). This, seems to be the absolute low ive ever seen.

Its hard to hold unless you pay out the ass for it. Add another alt? fuck yes, then ill add another amp. :roflmao:

as long as you stay within manufacturer recommended voltage you should be fine. i think staying between the min and max is a good goal.

my t1500.1bdcp if i remember right has a 9-16v range. so i would want to stay around 13.5 volts. my goal is to stay above 13v with a 250amp alt, 2 runs 0 gauge, group 31 upfront, big 3 and solid frame grounds. ill be using an adjustable reg because the pcm like to charge around 13.8-14 hot. i want it to be around 14-14.4. all depending on how it does i might keep it down around stock charging while not competing but during comps ill keep it around 14.4-15v. if that doesnt keep me above 13v ill have a little room for added batteries. could fit one where the stock airbox was or one on both my back wheel wells. amps might end up in the spare tire well so might not have room there.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

no less than 12.5v.

Generally dont see below 13v with any set up i have had.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

you notice how some amp companies rate their amps at 11v or 11.9 or whatever they do. I highly doubt they'd rate their amps at a voltage that could potentially damage them.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I know Myers would demo into the 9's before he installed his bad ass new bank.

that's mainly who came to mind when I made my post haha. Each one of his 5500's was wired to .33 I believe and he constantly demoed in the low 10's haha.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived