Second Skin Audio

sp4 guys come inside

n8ball2013

Also, the Fi coil options on the big boy subs are .7 or 1.4 .

That is the DCR, not the nominal impedance.

Some day people will understand the difference between impedance and measuring DC resistance with a multimeter. Just not sure if it will be in my lifetime :)

LOL, i KNEW you where gonna chime in. Fact is bro, i SEE .7 NOMINAL, at my amp,.. on the meter.... Hell, they sell them as 1.4 or .7 coil options. But, trust me, i know what your saying.... ;)

And I sold my Mayhem and bought a SP4 for my nova. Not installed yet, but killer looking sub.

You still havent gotten it in? shit kid! get to work....

Steve mick runs these iirc on something crazy like 8 or 16 crossfire 8ks. On 16v iirc I dont remember but either way he 59.9 badsraces and bass boxes the hell out of them so yea theyll take it.

I personally know of an ns-1 per sp4 on 16v at .4 iirc nom.

So imo with some care I wouldnt be afraid of 5k per daily

Edit: mick runs xs but I mean it pretty similar. I coulda swore he runs 8ks maybe not. Either way theyd laugh at anything under 4k

Xfire V2's, but, they are some what similar. Same build house, and some parts (frame, foam, cone, such) ... great sub....

The only sp4s I've heard were in obi's Lincoln and they got straight nasty, I'm hoping my tantric hdd's can hang

Youll be fine....... ;)

Your meter won't measure impedance. It only measures DC resistance.

You will never actually seen .7 while playing music or test tones.

Trust me!

I know i know.... I KNOW..lol

but, like errrrrryone else.. you put a METER on the coil, and get a reading... SOoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thats what im saying yo... LOL, when you buy a XX sub, and its a dual one, you put the meter on it and what should it read? ......... right? lol

No it should not!!! A meter is only reading the DC resistance of the wire made to build the coil. Impedance is the resistance and reactive load of the wire with AC applied. Since the wire is wound in a coil, it acts like an inductor.

.7 and 1.4 are the DC resistance of the coil, NOT the impedance.

Unless you are planning on running DC to your subs, they are Dual 1 and Dual 2 ohm!!!!

They even state on the website Re as .65 and 1.4, which is DCR. Then they state the nominal impedance, which is dual 1 and dual 2 ohm.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Z (impedance) is made up by reactance (X) and resistance (R - what the multimeter can measure):

300px_Complex_Impedance.jpg

Nominal impedance it not a trivial number to obtain, as it can be read on the link: The minimum of the impedance above the fundamental resonance is used for defining the nominal impedance of the speaker.

http://www.klippel.de/measurements/transducer-parameters/electrical-impedance.html

I don't know if people don't understand it, or if they just don't believe it.

Over and over and over you read:

"I am running at .7"

"I am wired down to .35"

"Strapped at .35"

Just as bad as reading "I am rising to".

Almost as bad as "anything over 16 sqin per cuft is for SPL only".

Oh well. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

I don't know if people don't understand it, or if they just don't believe it.

Over and over and over you read:

"I am running at .7"

"I am wired down to .35"

"Strapped at .35"

Just as bad as reading "I am rising to".

Almost as bad as "anything over 16 sqin per cuft is for SPL only".

Oh well. . .

So what would you say

Team Flex Issues

The only sp4s I've heard were in obi's Lincoln and they got straight nasty, I'm hoping my tantric hdd's can hang

im in east texas and wish i had made it out to hear his setup. still never heard an sp4.

if theirs anyone in east Texas area that has an sp4 and would like to give me a demo sometime hit me up. i start vacation next week. a little road trip would be fun. never really gotten to hear big bass yet. this is a new hobby for me and my system is childs play compared to 95% of the people on this board.

mick runs 16 C5-1700s.... no X8's....

and local guy has 4 sp4 15s on 4 3800's doing high 50s on music

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived