Slinky Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows Not to be a dick, but this did not happen. The only way you broke all your rear windows with that frankensub is if you dropped it on them. Source: I ran a wall sealed to the B pillar of 4 12inch mofos on 4k rms. It was an actual 4k and not '10,000 boss watts'. DD M4 Rockford Fosgate P500-4 SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap 2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S XS Power D3400 Under Hood XS Power D5100 in rear Michael Singer 200A Alt Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/
hispls Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 Lost me at breaking glass on probably 400W actual power.
alaskanzx5 Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 Op, just no.... to shatter glass with a single sub and boss amps you would have to have some crazy box skills t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
timc31610 Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 OP, you got to understand that this site has some of the most EPIC car audio build there are, from start to finish. Out of the hundreds I've looked through not a single mention of blowing out multiple windows. Occasionally a windshield, but only because its the weakest link. And we are talking systems with tens of thousands of real watts and multiple 18" subs. So fess up man! Edited: Damn Autocorrect! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Karkov Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows Someone put this in their signature please! 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
thefourth Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows Someone put this in their signature please! I put it in there yesterday Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Tecomah Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 Lol everyone is breaking windows these days 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
MaxVolume Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 hahaha damn that's good stuff, I needed a laugh
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.