My test: Group 31 battery roundup *round 1*

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some really nice testing and information in here. Great job man! I'd be curious as to what an optima battery would do because I have friends that think they're the best batteries ever and don't listen when I try to tell them otherwisee.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Nice to see this in other places. Like I said before, I'd really like to see Sears Diehard Platinums in the next test. But of course, you're the one obtaining them :)

When is the next test by the way?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Nice test dude. Nice to see those numbers.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I usually don't get into test like these but i will make a few comments.

First, Taylor thanks again for all the work you have put into the testing you have done. A lot of people don't understand how much work it is when you are doing such detailed testing and trying to get everything right. There will always be someone who has something to say about your testing but in my eyes, they are all done evenly.

As with any product you are going to want a few things from it. You are going to want the product to perform, and you are going to want to pay the least amount of money for that performance. That would be the perfect world right. We all know the XS and the NSB name in the industry and we all know they are both beast batteries. So what is the deciding factor for "ME" personally. Well that would be a few things

1) Customer Support

2) Industry support

those two things right there will be the deciding factor because lets face it the majority of us are all worried about that music score ( for those who even care about scores) while the others just want to demo. I am going to need a company that not only will take care of me when something goes wrong but also support the industry in which we ALL LOVE and you should do the same ( my opinion).

There was some talk here a while back that we are an XS forum and anything besides XS would get you banned and some of the nuthuggers jumped on that bandwagon. Let me set the record straight here and i think i speak for most (mods) when I say this:

we could give a shit what you run, what battery how many etc, as long as you are getting the performance you need then so be it. There are mods where who run XS, while other run Optima while others run what ever.

Now back on topic, again these test are very interesting and good to see. It's nice to see that the batteries I run are at the top of the list and from experience I can say that what this test shows is the performance I have seen. It's also nice to see that regardless of the outcome if you prefer something else you can go that route and get either the same or in come cases better performance. I will stick to that company that has always supported the competitors and has taken care of me ( not saying the other company wont do the same). I hope that in the future, NSB will start to do more to support this audio industry just like XS has.

Ninja

:ninja:

great test! thanks tfade, already thanked you on the caco forum but now here because this is truly a lot of work. at the end of the day xs or nsb if you want top of the line. for budget systems this gives a good idea of where to look.

me, ima stick with caps. ;)

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Thanks again Tfade! Testing and effort is much appreciated no matter what you're testing.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived