Mechman Alternators

The Highest Output Alternator is Not Always the Best Option!!!

hasnt been driven since june.lol door panels are even off

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Mechman told me same thing about the 4.6 alt, my singer 350 is still going strong though.......

even singer told me their has been an issue on some 4.6's with belt slip due to shitty belt wrap.. its not unheard of for it to be a problem it just doesn't always become a problem

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

my truck cruises at like 800 rpm. it barely turns the alt on. if I ever drive it again im thinking about going to a third with high idle so I can balance out

Damn dude! That kinda sucks. My car has a smalllllllllll 4 banger in it so if I'm doing 60 mph down the interstate, im at 2500 rpms and if I do 70 mph then its closer to 3k rpms.

Edited by Slinky

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Mu car sots between 1500-2500 while driving (depends on where in going). The 250amp singer alt puts out at 1700-2k rpms. I don't sit at an idle full tilt.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I have a 2000 f150 and wanted the 270A unit from mechman. Called them and they told me that would be bad for my truck due to the limited belt wrap on the 4.6l/5.4l engines from ford at that time period. They said they've had way less issues with the 240A unit. Saved me $100 and probably a mountain of issues.

lololol you serious? buddy of mine has a crown vic with the 4.6 and has a dc power 270xp on it. i never heard his belt make so much as a peep when demoing full tilt with 20k.

That's what I'm told. Slipping isn't always audible just look for the black dust on the alt. You sure the crown vic and the F150 engine bay is identical? Like how the belt is set up and routed? If he has ac/doesn't have ac that could change the way it wraps around the alt too. I highly doubt the crown vic and the f150 have identical engine bays and pulley system.

Regardless having the 270A for a 2000w amp is overkill anyways...

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

my truck cruises at like 800 rpm. it barely turns the alt on. if I ever drive it again im thinking about going to a third with high idle so I can balance out

Damn dude! That kinda sucks. My car has a smalllllllllll 4 banger in it so if I'm doing 60 mph down the interstate, im at 2500 rpms and if I do 70 mph then its closer to 3k rpms.

Yeah I continually run at 13.5 or so too. Last time I tried an AVBM it went up in smoke and almost took the truck with it. i'll deal with it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ninja knows nothing about Slam or getting drunk there or showing up in parking lots with an AK strapped to him.

little birdy said it was an ar-15 and it was for protection of all you guys.. never know how wants to show up and try to get free batteries or steal the vodka

:peepwall:

:ninja:

Edited by sensai_v4.0

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

maybe instead of just posting, get the biggest one that will fit! we should recommend contacting the person who is going to make your alternator.then you can explain what your set up is going to be.Me personally, i wouldn't just order an alt online without research and talking to someone. even though one place tried to sell me a quad setup for running 10k. Talked to Singer afterwards,and he said ,i have 1 that will run your system no problem! never looked back! Excellent info in this thread also :good: