Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

scv 3000 on 2 sa's


Recommended Posts

Posted

Wondering if an scv 3000 is too much daily for 2 sa 15's at 1 ohm.. I will tune with my oscilloscope and be careful but I have a 30 minute drive to work and I like to use what I've got and don't want to smoke them.. what do you think

Posted

Depends how carefull you are.

I'm running a amp four times rated then what my woofer is.I'm talking about a single 15" its not going to smoke by just playing it.but if you go hammering on them.you can and will kill them.

Posted

The fact that you mentioned you want to let them rip would say you should look at bigger woofers. Three times rated plus a little is a bit more than I'd be comfortable especially knowing you are going to get on them

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

id say look into two x-15's

2002 chevy avalanche

Currently have:

2 dc xl 18

set of T2652-s

scv-6k

Ct sounds 75.4

270a mechman

xp3000

d3400

Wanted:

saz 200.4

Second set of T2652-s

D3100's

deadner

Posted

If you already have the amp, be careful.
If you need to buy an amp, then get one less powerful. 1500 to 2000 w should be enough, for daily.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Posted

I definitely wouldn't set the gain to the max clean level with an o-scope, I'd leave it all the way down and measure the voltage that's coming out of it first.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Keep gain all the way down, lol, idk, jk

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Well the thing is I have one scv 3k on 2 x18's right now... it's not that the x18's aren't doing what they're supposed to but I am just not as satisfied with them as I was with previous sa setups.. so I went online and I found a dude locally who would trade me 4 sa 15's for my x's... I want them in the worst way but don't want to take a hit selling my brand new scv 3k... so I figured if I trade him I'd just buy another 3k and run 2 amps because I'm not into running .5 ohm.. if I could trade up the 3k with some cash for two 2000's I'd go that route but the dude kinda wants an answer asap...

So I'm not sure what to do... perhaps I should just buy another 3k and keep the 18s... surely that would give me a little more amusement... I just miss those high frequencies..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3168 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...