cgrez33 Posted July 6, 2016 Report Posted July 6, 2016 So I'm thinking of running active for my Beyma speakers but this would be my first time running a DSP anyone have any recommendations on which DSP's they reccomend? Current Build: 1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon Previous Build(s): Crossfire Magnum 5k Pontiac G6 GT
ToNasty Posted July 6, 2016 Report Posted July 6, 2016 I have the helix dsp. Haven't used it yet but for the price and reviews I've read it seems like a solid unit ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
cgrez33 Posted July 6, 2016 Author Report Posted July 6, 2016 I have the helix dsp. Haven't used it yet but for the price and reviews I've read it seems like a solid unit Which Helix DSP? I looked up and saw a couple different models some much more expensive than others lol. Current Build: 1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon Previous Build(s): Crossfire Magnum 5k Pontiac G6 GT
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted July 6, 2016 Report Posted July 6, 2016 The regular helix dsp is what he has, The only difference between that and the dsp pro is the amount of channels. The new audio control dsp's look really nice and have a nice looking interface, They are a well known company that produces many good products too so I'm sure it's good. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Kyblack76 Posted July 6, 2016 Report Posted July 6, 2016 If your serious bit one or bit ten. There's many others that will do the job. Hell, a nice deck will go full retard even if that's all your doing. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
TaylorFade Posted July 6, 2016 Report Posted July 6, 2016 If you're looking for "value"... you can't beat the MiniDSP.
Soccerballzs Posted July 6, 2016 Report Posted July 6, 2016 The best Helix Pro with controller. Cheap but great Minidsp. Stay away from Cirius brand chips in the cheaper ones (Soundstream etc) they have issues with background noise. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
never knows best Posted July 6, 2016 Report Posted July 6, 2016 OP- what dose your system consist of that makes you want to run DSP? you may be able to get away with cz702 or 80prs... although a DSP will have alot more flexibility, sometimes it's unnecessary...
Team Bassick - Kimo Posted July 20, 2016 Report Posted July 20, 2016 OH MAN...... Running a DSP is not plug and play by any means. I remember my first DSP in one of our first builds. Thinking back now it had a lot of great features but, if I knew then what I knew now I would of not ran it or I would been able to do more with it now. There are a lot of tutorials out there on how to set it up but, nothing is straight forward. I would start of with a 80PRS and go from there. 31 bands of eq per channel and time alignment are great tools but, done wrong your system can sound like ASS...... I would also suggest getting with some SQ guys local to you and get some hands on advice on tuning if you do go with a DSP. All of which are mentioned so far are awesome. I personally have used a bit one, MS8, pxah701 and pxah800. I run a 701 in my truck and the 800 in my car. KIMO @teambassick http://www.teambassick.com
audiofanaticz Posted July 20, 2016 Report Posted July 20, 2016 MS8 is junk.. horrible to setup. Such a pita. If you lose the little remote control you cant change settings. It has delay for remote turn off, but not for turn on, each of the 2 times I used it with factory integration i was left with a turn on pop.. It doesnt have autosensing remote turn on, which a factory integration processor of that price should.Everytime I see MS8 I just get sick to my stomach.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.