Project Flexington: 160.3db @ 37hz!! Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps

Made quite a bit of progress on the shifter install and Xterra center console retrofit!  Decided to use 3 layers of Baltic birch as the mount for the shifter to fill the empty space. I built a mount bracket out of steel that connects the back of the wood and mounts to the trans tunnel via factory bolts. Just need to make a mount for the front and a bracket to secure the back of the console. I also plan on making a trim plate to cover the wood, but that will be at a later date.

IMG_20170513_043948_602_zpsqm7mj45c.jpg

Well, got a few updates.

Basically finished the shifter mount and console mounts. Just have to make a mount for the back of the console but that won't take much.

20170513_234201_zpsbzxvotoc.jpg

To mount the front of the shifter bracket I drilled 2 holes in the trans tunnel for the bolts to go through. I then cut a piece of 3/16 flat stock, drilled 2 corresponding holes and tapped them. I then welded it to the trans tunnel.  I intentionally made it wider than necessary so I can tie in reinforcements to it if I decide to.

20170513_202404_zpsvi2cs8hd.jpg

I finished up the shifter mount by adding a piece of angle iron with holes for screws to attach it to the wood, and flat stock with holes for the bolts. I then ran a piece of flat stock to each side to attach the front and back of the bracket to strengthen it and allow for more screws to hold it to the wood.

20170513_210355_zpsdsgrdmez.jpg

I then made brackets that screw into the wood to attach the front of the center console and 2 tabs for the middle mounts on the console. I tapped these holes too.

20170514_025258_zpsmvp0n801.jpg

I sealed up the transmission tunnel cover with a sheet of plated steel and rivets:

20170514_033250_zpszdf2jb4j.jpg

I started on the transmission cooler line access panel last night. Please excuse the piss poor looking welds and iffy looking fit, I'm in a hurry and this most likely will be only temporary  since I plan on cutting the floor and firewall out next year anyway. It isn't pretty but it's strong.

20170515_233658_zpsqc1xqtsj.jpg

I received my new door seals yesterday too!

20170515_160829_zpskse8guo8.jpg

Lastly, I sent the cut list for my wall over to my wood guy and he texted me this morning that it's all cut!  Picking it up tomorrow night. Unfortunately I still have to tear the bottom panel out of the bed and modify the wheel wells before I can start assembly. 

Thing are starting to come together, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Tore the bottom layer out of the bed so I can start cutting the wheel wells.  Glad I didn't over use expanding foam, took about 5 min to remove the wood with a crowbar.

And here's how you clean out the old expanding foam the easy way lol...

So easy you can do it with 1 hand lol

And for cleanup, welding brush if you like your paint but not love it (i did it this way this time)...wire wheel on an angle grinder if you hate your paint (way faster, this is what I used last time)

20170517_143013_zpslgrpkiun.jpg

All in all, barely broke a sweat and took about 45min of work lol.

Nice work going on in this thread, man.  Looking forward to seeing this at Slam!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

14 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Nice work going on in this thread, man.  Looking forward to seeing this at Slam!

Thanks man! I really hope I can get it playing soon so I have some time to workout any bugs before the show.  I'm picking up a used orion 11k as a backup in case the coils i got end up not working well with the warhorse after box rise. 

Archived