Jump to content

SnowDrifter

Super Moderator
  • Posts

    14671
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    156

Everything posted by SnowDrifter

  1. Holy crap it's amazing what some people will do. Rant coming shortly

  2. Got a chance to hear this guy the other day. Last time I heard it was only on one amp Didn't want to get out. Also was wholesomely underwhelmed by my own car after
  3. Just heard the blazer back at full power. Sounds great, always love getting a demo from that thing

    1. SPL.Pantie.Soak

      SPL.Pantie.Soak

      I apologize for asking which blazer? Definitely not Jason's cause its not ready?

    2. SnowDrifter

      SnowDrifter

      Tanner's, same one Steve posted

  4. I'm curious how you blow out a reinforced surround You could try tape, though I've never had great luck with that. You can also try to replace the surround without doing a full recone
  5. I HATE the name, but they do look nice
  6. Been lurking since July 2010, member since October, active since Mayish 2011. Learned everything I know from reading here and reasoning though things. As far as where I'm at? Pacific NW, Evergreen State
  7. Anyone on here with connections to DC power? I need a rebuild kit - pulley, brushes, bearings, but they don't want to sell to me, insist I send the alt there. I don't want to wait

    1. Show previous comments  4 more
    2. SnowDrifter

      SnowDrifter

      I was looking for the parts myself, DIY it and get it done in a few hours vs. Having to wait 2 weeks for shipping plus however long it takes to do it. I know how... It's just a matter of getting parts

    3. Kyblack76

      Kyblack76

      Mike is getting OFF the wagon when it comes to "others". Just be warned..... hes getting fed up, and will just be doing his own very very soon. WIll he make exections here and there.. yes. But... i wouldnt hold him to anything. Just FYI.

    4. Kyblack76

      Kyblack76

      *ONLY servicing HIS own - .. i ment...

  8. We should do underwater spl comps. Sonar has us beat by a long shot at 240db, still in the 160db range miles away

  9. Yellow. Granted a dull yellow, but still yellow. At least on my screen
  10. Remember those HIDs I've been working on for the past 6mo? They're almost done. Waiting for glue to dry then comes assembly. N8, you have some competition for world's slowest worker

    1. Show previous comments  2 more
    2. ROLEXrifleman

      ROLEXrifleman

      don't forget to top off the oil

    3. SnowDrifter
    4. Katt

      Katt

      Assuming retrofit? I use to not care for retrofit, then did my car, i love it lol.

  11. Bumpin some swagger wagon

  12. Got some 'ish in the works right now. Depending on where it goes, might build a 900ah lithium bank

    1. Show previous comments  3 more
    2. SnowDrifter

      SnowDrifter

      I guess I could. I just wanna be loud :(

    3. Kyblack76
    4. SnowDrifter

      SnowDrifter

      Sure but you gotta make the leap to 16v, among other things

  13. Dude take a chill pill. Give them a call of you really need info. Not much any of us can do here, understand that the forum is essentially the general public
  14. Was surfing youtube looking at other subies... Bad idea, I'm way jealous right now. Found a guy who does a 160 and managed to fit 2 alts

    1. Show previous comments  3 more
    2. Leo1103

      Leo1103

      figured lol, you ever go to any of the new england spl shows?

    3. khinds94

      khinds94

      No, I have been looking into it though. Just found out about the site

    4. Leo1103

      Leo1103

      the fb page is more up to date

  15. And where is the dash gauge hooked up to? End goal here is trying to figure out if your source is accurate or not in determining voltage drop at your amp.
  16. Very true However full field is maximum output not infinite output. No regulator can make the alternator put put more power than it can. It only changes the goal-voltage of the regulator (charging voltage). After that, output and voltage drop will be the same.
  17. 14.8v has the potential to both overcharge and damage your AGM battery as well as not charge + drain your 14v battery. When you are assessing your voltage drop, where are you reading voltage from?
  18. these 50k+ builds popping up... Craycray

    1. Show previous comments  5 more
    2. Krakin

      Krakin

      I just clip the shit out of my amps to get 50kW.

    3. n8ball2013

      n8ball2013

      I know what 20k Cost me so I cant imagine 1.5 times more at once.

  19. I want a 3d printer... Bad

    1. Show previous comments  3 more
    2. Krakin

      Krakin

      Plant pot with a mortar walling and I'm not sure on a crucible.

    3. CstrokerV

      CstrokerV

      i was looking into one just so i could make 6.5 speaker rings lol

    4. Ninja_v1.0

      Ninja_v1.0

      i have 2.. they are fun to play with..

×
×
  • Create New...