Sonic Electronix

Sub is doing something odd??| Cone sucks in on low bass notes?

It does the same thing in free air, its not the box. Also, it seems to only happen at half tilt. The flex of the sub is normal on full tilt. Just trying to clear things up a tiny bit before you all get too rowdy.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

Your problem is that you are playing 13-23hz lol

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah nothingblike playing under tuning. You never said what your subsonic is set at either and the box is too big. Start shopping frpor recones now

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It's not my box, the sub is very loud and clean for one 12, many people have told me that the box sounds perfect for the sub. It only sinks in when the volume is a little over half, and it quits doing it and starts flexing normally when I increase the volume to full... it does it in free air as well??

- 2003 Jetta GLi VR6

- Kenwood HU

- MTX 9500 12''

- Soundstream Rub1.2500

OP: How/where is the box positioned in your car? I think I know what you are talking about.

Playing that far below tuning should only result in unloading and the sub behaving like it's free airing. It shouldn't be moving further in than it does out.

Have your tried a different amp with it? And if you could git a video up, that would help greatly.

It's not my box, the sub is very loud and clean for one 12, many people have told me that the box sounds perfect for the sub. It only sinks in when the volume is a little over half, and it quits doing it and starts flexing normally when I increase the volume to full... it does it in free air as well??

Bottom line, your box is in fact too large and tuned too low.. sure it may sound great, but you are giving that sub absolutely no back pressure.

My 6x9's might sound "great" in a box tuned to 28hz, that does not mean i should do it.

And MTX subs just dont have a suspension stiff enough to handle the low notes you are trying to make it play, its gonna blow, no doubt about that.

You have like 4 of the smartest people on this forum telling you whats wrong, and your ignoring them.

Spend some money on a badass 15" sub, DC/Sundown/AA/DD and then throw it in that box.. and even then, dont play anything below 25hz, its just pointless and bad for the speaker.

OR make a smaller box.

EDIT: as to saying "it does it in free air as well" thats because your box is so large that you are essentially free-airing it.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

And many people who are more knowledgeable than you are telling you otherwise what does that say to you

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Oh and btw mtx recommends 1.75 cubes your box is almost twice that

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

It's not my box... It's not my box... it does it in free air as well??

Cool story bro... I bet its your box. And playing 13hz. couple easy ways to figure that out einstein, try it on another amp, and try the sub in a proper box.. over 3 cubes for 1 soft ass suspension 12,that you are giving like full power to? ya.. not smart. Maybe if you were giving only 100 watts or some shit...

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived