6.5 Subs for Doors. Must Handle 200rms

OrionStang

$200 a pop, they better be good!!! I would love to see someone build a box in there car with like 400 DD 6.5's. They only need a 1/3cuft box per woofer!

When i was at worlds finals in cali this year a guy had 4 in ported box.they got busy for small sub.

Also to keep in mind. 200watts each would be pretty powerful. You'd be surprised what a decent small sub can do on less then 100watts being so close in distance to the ear. Also don't forget the extra stress on the door and vibrations.

They are going on the 200.4. I don't think they would be too powerful. The midbass is almost non existant, even with the XL's. The door is too big and the speakers are mounted to the panel, not the door itself.

Is the pod built on the outside of the door? (Like...there's no hole in the door panel that you could stick some tubing through so the mid "sees" the inside of the door?)

EDIT: Like a sort of enclosure?

EDIT 2: I fail for only reading the first page.

Kings just had a post of slapping a 8" RFp2 in a door.... That dude is amazing, and proves crazy shit can be done, work, and look damn good doing it....

I bring nothing to the table here,... Still dicking with my components as well...

Good luck bro,... Keeps us up to date on what ya go with..

Also to keep in mind. 200watts each would be pretty powerful. You'd be surprised what a decent small sub can do on less then 100watts being so close in distance to the ear. Also don't forget the extra stress on the door and vibrations.

They are going on the 200.4. I don't think they would be too powerful. The midbass is almost non existant, even with the XL's. The door is too big and the speakers are mounted to the panel, not the door itself.

Why not just mount it to the door instead?

Seems like youre trying to fix somethkig the easy way, which probably wont work as well as you expect it to be.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

There is no metal to mount a speaker to. Have you seen a Mustang door with the panel off?

Anyway guys, thanks for all the recommendations, but the point Robert made needs to be addressed first. Need a way to separate the waves of the mids and subs.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

reverse mount 6.5 dd's for cuteness lol

but mate has 1 they deep but i forget how deep..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

There is no metal to mount a speaker to. Have you seen a Mustang door with the panel off?

Anyway guys, thanks for all the recommendations, but the point Robert made needs to be addressed first. Need a way to separate the waves of the mids and subs.

yup, its called making a custom baffle and sealing the door off..pretty easy car to get midbass out of in all honesty...door has so many options as far as room goes. and yup have done it before in a new mustang. and you dont need 200 to a speaker to get the sound your looking for, you just need to rework your door.

Archived