Guys life is ruined over 31 songs

If he uploaded each song 20,000 times to 20,000 people at 5 megabytes a song. That's about 100 Gigs per song meaning he would have had to uploaded over 3 terabytes of these 31 songs. Back when kazaa was around, most people didn't have an internet capable of uploading that much.

This is bullshit. They should have just slapped him with a couple thousand dollar fine.

Though it sucks for guy due to the fine, but you have to realize that he was giving downloads for people to access to, which can lead to a big problem.

Take like this, if you download something and keep it to yourself, then you're usually fine, but if you download something, and then upload to where people can access it or even worse, sell it to make a profit, then you'll get in huge trouble.

Kinda like with drugs, who gets more in trouble, the buyer or the dealer

This is what happened to MegaUpload, and this is why YouTube and this forum doesn't allow copyright infringement, the OP may not get in trouble or simply get banned, but the site can get into huge legal troubles.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Though it sucks for guy due to the fine, but you have to realize that he was giving downloads for people to access to, which can lead to a big problem.

Take like this, if you download something and keep it to yourself, then you're usually fine, but if you download something, and then upload to where people can access it or even worse, sell it to make a profit, then you'll get in huge trouble.

Kinda like with drugs, who gets more in trouble, the buyer or the dealer

This is what happened to MegaUpload, and this is why YouTube and this forum doesn't allow copyright infringement, the OP may not get in trouble or simply get banned, but the site can get into huge legal troubles.

When kazaa was around, many people that were very illiterate about computers were downloading it and installing it, but what many people didn't know is that when they downloaded music, it was automatically sharing the music with other people. So people were distributing many copies of the song without really knowing it. And which made the sharing problem worse, is when you install the program, it usually autostarts in the system tray icon, when the computer starts, therefore making you share more music while you are doing your everyday tasks. I'm sure if people were more aware that sharing is the actual problem, they would have went and disabled it.

But I think it is very stupid to go after some people who did not intentionally mean to distribute the music and make them pay hundreds of thousands!

If they really want to stop pirating, send everyone they find downloading and sharing songs a bill for $0.99/song, with a note saying that further pirating will result in legal action.

I think that's MUCH more fair, and gets the point across a further audience.

Millions of dollars for downloading a few song is just wayy over excessive and hardly justice.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

damn they blammed his ass ive beenn in trouble with the law countless times over drugs, and some other really serious shit way more real than pirating music lol. And have never spent more than a couple hours in jail, bond money handy and have been slapped on the wrist countless times. Slapped being caught charges served time and probation. But the game is getting worse you can murder somebody and get by with it you get caught with some dope and you going down less your moneys long lol. They made a point out of that guy buttttt ill say right now a couple my friends and people i know have been to prison but that is not gonna scare every person to stopping what there doing wrong.

Not condoning what he did by any way and i dont condone anybody to steal or sell or pirate.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

This is why P2P programs like Kazaa failed, too easy to get caught. I rarely DL from torrents, its usually teh pr0n if I do lol, but I make sure to exit out and move the file so I don't seed the file.

I've got a few warnings for music in my 4shared folder, a couple times is was completely free music to be distributed but somebody decided to flag it. I think on the 3rd or 4th warning they got a bit serious and said to delete any files that may be in violation b/c they will check in a few days so I just ended up deleting every single file from my folders to not risk anything.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

That's the biggest load of horse shit since the McDonald's coffee incident. Fuck the industry. I'll take decaf.

what was wrong with the McDonald's coffee incident?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived