Second Skin Audio

18" Subs That Can Handle Over 6000watts RMS

Two AQ3500s strapped to an 18" AA Mayhem in 5^3 net

Two RF T4000s to 15" BTL

Nothing clamped, rolled into, and everything still playing. Although very different from daily every day :shrug:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Has anybody who's posted actually run this much power to a sub besides tank03?

I ran a 7.5k to an m1 lvl 6 12 and it took every second of it. We eventually killed it(me and Ray West) trying to see how low it would go full tilt. Did a 143.xx at 25 hz out of the trunk of my Mustang before imploding on itself.

}yea i was chasing ray when i was running that as well his 18s beat my 15si did also not mention the numerous spiders i went through while doing it but that was the old setup in the subs i am running now i made a hybrid accendant meyham recone on a addictive audio old style v4 mag spiders are great now power is in process

american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s

I can say I have ran my Crossfire 8k to 2 XS v2's @ .35ohms and they took it fine. So as said before, taking power is no issue with these. Depending on which leads you have, you shouldn't have an issue. (Single or dual stitched) its when they're non stitched is when the leads can touch with too much excursion, been there done that.

Sp4 and XS v2 are built at the same place but still 2 completely different subs. Ask Aaron why he chose XS v2's over the latter.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Not to bash the big man Steve but I have never seen him clamp more than 6000+ out of his pair of amps per sub, I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting at most 5k clamped out of each pair of amps.

How does someone say estimated wattage isn't accurate without a proven clamp as he then gives an estimated wattage. Look, if you think 6,000 is impossible or even unlikely then you should buy one.

i'm not sure if you understood what I meant to say, sure steve's running two 2500BDCP's per SMD each amp is rated at around 3300 according to the birthsheets but that doesn't mean he's really pushing 6000+ to each smd, i'm not doubting the mans ability i'm just saying that it's possible for him to be getting less than 6k out of both amps. No need to get mad.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

SMD's or DC lvl 6's. As for the power people are talking about giving a sub on music.Think about that for a sec, how often in that 3 min song do you think your actually giving that sub whatever power your claiming? I hear people and I'm guilty of it myself, saying their running 3-5k to one sub all day long. BS that's not even possible on music. Your giving it burst of that on certain notes and less on others. That's why most people can say they have done it.Let's see you play your peak frequency on that same setup at full tilt for 3 mins. Bet it wont last if the subs arent rated near the power your giving them. I clamped 8100 to a pair of BTL's and PSI P3's and both started getting smelly after about 45 secs full tilt. If your like me and wanting to play music full tilt giving a sub 6000rms its either SMD's, Lvl 6's, or those SP Audio subs but their 15's.I only throw the Sp Audio subs in there because they have been tested doing exactly what your trying to do.They have tried purposely to break those subs just so they will know where to make it stronger. The SP4's are 4inch coils and probably could take a ton of power but I haven't seen anybody running more than a 3.5k to them.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

I say the almighty Funky Pups is the only option

he said 6,000 to each sub not 60,000

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

I say the almighty Funky Pups is the only option

he said 6,000 to each sub not 60,000

And 60k is only enough to make it move 1mm

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived