KenC210 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Do a hybrid box. Port in birch Kids Cadi Power Wheel Build2007 Ford Escape Build2012 Toyota Corolla Build 2013 Toyota Tundra
Kyblack76 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Card board. 4 layer cardboard. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
audiofanaticz Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Quality birch is only a few pounds lighter than mdf. That stuff everyone calls birch, is plywood very weak lightweight core called Fir and is normally filled with voids such as knotholes which dont get filled.Just because all exterior edges of the sheet may look 100% void free that doesnt mean the inside that you cant see is until you cut it. So at the added 10-15 bucks per sheet more you pay for this stuff, its costing you more in money, and performance, and strength or in this case lack there of it.
oldsoundguy Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 If your using birch then you need the 13ply birch not the stuff you get at lowes or Home Depot. Its not cheap though. I went with 3/4 MDF on my last box just because real birch ply was 78 bucks for a 4x8 sheet. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
bassman619 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 I like mdf..pretty much guaranteed you wont get voids..I feel like if you are questioning the integrity of the board you could fix that by resining the interior of box or use that second skin spectrum inside of the box..the bracing would do most of the work keeping the box solid. But in theory you only need bracing between walls over 12" apart..but theres no harm in overkill..but I have never used birch..I dnt even cut the stuff..I get it at home depot and make them cut it..then ill do my circle cuts myself ...used to use a jigsaw now I use a router..i think thats a nice design ..id like to see it when youre done..keep us posted dc shit go hard You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.