Awhitewookie Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 I believe they started in 04 just to help people wonderng if they have em. I have yet to see a Ford have one, few GMs have em MY BUILD 1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport 1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything Alpine cda-9884 Crescendo CZ components (2) Crescendo bc2000's (2) Jolt 150ah (2) Yellow top optimas (1) Juicebox black cherry addition (1) Mechman 270 avbm miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
KiKaZz74 Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 Would a 1997 dodge dakota sport have one? My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
Karkov Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 Looked it up and none my vehicles have cabin filters. Kind of disappointed. Read some preventive things though, turn AC off before reaching destination to allow condenser to dry etc. etc. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
poorfish88 Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 I believe they started in 04 just to help people wonderng if they have em. I have yet to see a Ford have one, few GMs have em My inlaws old Nissan 97 Quest had a cabin filter and my 01 Frontier has one.
Sutliff Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 Absolutely change them, ... although many vehicles do NOT have them. I change mine every spring the moment I get my car out of storage ... I am a brand whore, & prefer Wix. 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. This is how it was in August 2011 when I first bought it, & it still had the OEM AC Delco in it ... car had only 43,000 miles on it ... Luckily the filter had not been eaten/ripped through during its winter/garage storage of the previous (first) owners, & it was just a small "bed" for something right there on the top ... So a small bit of cleaning with the vacuum, some ArmorAll Wipes, & glass cleaner ... & the new WIX (!) filter was ready to go in ... Zeke '14 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/ Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build Pioneer FH-P8000BT Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC) RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP MechMan S Series 240A XS Power D3400 & D975
basshead7890 Posted May 12, 2014 Report Posted May 12, 2014 I changed mine after seeing this thread My Build Log 95 Honda Accord Nook HD+ tablet Team Ascendant Audio 18" 2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D Crescendo Audio C1100.4 2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500 Build log
Sergeant_Skyrim Posted May 12, 2014 Report Posted May 12, 2014 I will definitely be checking mine when I get the chance...03 Cavalier with 196k+ miles almost all parts original lol. So I am positive if I have one it has NOT been changed yet Build in progress
tyma1026 Posted May 12, 2014 Report Posted May 12, 2014 No need to buy a new one. Take the filter out, clean it and put it back in. You will notice a difference; Air blows stronger and smells fresher. I took the filter out of my 01 Caddy Seville STS completely at one point for a few months but there were too many outside smells that were blowing in strong.
OrzechNJ Posted May 12, 2014 Report Posted May 12, 2014 Just replaced mine.. Didnt look as bad as the one above but I never replaced them since I own the car cause they were ok.. Te engine air filter was bad .. I have pic.. Will post later sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
Lbox88 Posted May 19, 2014 Report Posted May 19, 2014 Changed my wife's in her terrain. She was pretty disgusted, got to throw it in her face and say "THIS is why you do preventative maintenance". Now just need to do her engine filter also. UBL | Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.