Things you hate when giving/getting a demo?

Of course the whole, "Play this song, it slams in my car" bit

THis is my #1 pet peeve while giving demos. especially when they try and make you play a song that you know is clipped to shit.

hey you should play some dubstep.... gtfo

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

When getting a demo:

Shit is so out of tune it grinds my nerves. All highs and bass, sounds like crap, nothing's balanced out, just loud for the sake of loud. Loud can sound clean if you put the effort in.

Guys that demo and change songs every ten seconds cause their shit is a one note wonder.

Guys that act like a dick/stuckup when you ask for a demo. Like you're doing them a favor.

Guys that WANT to show off their Walmart shit.

When giving a demo

Guys that get a demo, then want to bag on your setup. I built it for me, not to impress you. Go build your own asshat.

Guys that brag about their setup/friend's system the whole time you're giving a demo. GTFO and go listen to theirs then.

Guys that won't shut up about how they don't like your song choice. See above.

Guys that dirty up your car. I try to keep my shit clean. I get some grass or whatever will get tracked in, but for God's sakes at least pretend you give a shit that you're in someone else's car and treat it with a little respect.

and finally:

Guys that get a demo, and don't have the common courtesy to say thanks afterwards (exceptions made for bailouts, that's thanks enough when you run for cover).

Really, this whole list boils down to just being polite and courteous.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

the worst is when the guy gives the demo and blows his shit up and you don't know what to say

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

when the person giving the demo is hammered off their ass.. starts demoing and then walks away from the car full tilt while your sitting there because they see some hawt white chick..

ummm never mind

:peepwall:

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I hate getting a bass scare when I don't know the song. I feel like such a noob, it's happened a couple of times. I hate when guys talk the entire time. Did you WANT to hear my system, or just have a conversation while sipping our Pumpkin Chai lattes?

***Disclaimer: I'm not a basic white bitch. I do not drink Pumpkin chai lattes ;)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I mainly have a problem with the general lack of respect on just basic stuff like slamming doors or shutting them while the window is going up or down, clambering over the seat without asking.

(OK maybe the first time if you aren't a basshead and don't realise the weight of deadened doors)

ATM I have a rather rubbish single line headunit and a 16GB USB drive so finding he right song takes embarassingly long!! I also usually have too many songs I want to play to someone and feel like i'm skipping through them too quickly.

When getting a demo I hate bullet tweeters and short demos. Surely if you want to show off your system to someone then get them to try the sealed side and the windy side and run through a quick range of music.

Reading all that back it just sounds petty!!!

Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!

Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/

New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards

i hate the ones that always thought that their flee-market crap was louder cause the trunk rattled like crazy and yours didn't. or cause you had 4 -8" subs and they had 2 - 15" and they thought theirs was louder.

but i had this one happen to me a while back. Seen a kid with a nice ride "escalade" and I had my no ac 2001 sebring. he came into the store bumping not to shabby till i found out he had a bt2500-1bd on 2 p1 15's should have been louder. but I said not bad he looked new to real audio. so I was talking to him and told him i had a setup with 3-10" dc audio (thank you Rusty and Ana) and a 1500 watt sundown he didnt know the brand as usual and passed on the demo. i got to my car while he was in the store and got bass i love you playing as he walked out. he came over and had to look for himself. sat in the car and i changed it to a decaf mixed song and he bailed. said it was to loud for him.

Again DC FTW.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Archived