Second Skin Audio

Wiring one 12" 2ohm DVC with 8awg. Help

Orfeous

I want to wire the sub to 1ohm with 8awg powercables. And then to my box terminal.

My woofer accept 8awg. I have tried to put in two but it nearly fits.

Rockford Fosgate T2D212

I have read that this can be solved when do the wiring internally in the box.

Can I please see some example pictures of how you people do?

I usually would take the 2 8ga wires and solder them together with a third wire coming out to go in the sub.

^^^^^ Good ideal and would b less expensive then another option! You could buy adapters from ToolMaker to do it to but then you get into some money!

Use ring terminals on each lead. Then you can screw them together on the inside of the box or through bolt with a pinch nut.

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

Don't use screws inside the box to hold the ring terminals together. Like it was said earlier, you can put two bolts through the side of the box. Attach both positive leads to one post and both negative leads to the other. Then you can connect your two wires on the outside to run to the amp. Also, when most manufacturers make the sub where two 8 awg wires won't fit in the terminal, that normally means that you don't actually need 8 awg. If Rockford thought you needed that large of wire, they would have made the terminals larger.

Archived