Dumbest Thing You Have Ever Heard

Wife in college at one point had these 3 roommates. 2 were ok, the third......

Come winter break, idk who it was but we weren't going to be the last to leave, so we told everyone to turn the heat down to 55 before they left.

Dumbass 3 roommate: "We can't turn it down that low, the pipes will freeze!!!"

stewie-head-turn.gif

That guy ghost who got banned everything out of his mouth was

U drunk? Or just eat paint chips when you were younger?

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

One of the worst things for me is if I tell my opinion and its not what they want to hear. Then go other routes with their system ...

Which is fine with me. The thing is when their shit doesn't work the way they planned ... Instead of going back on the thread and reviewing what I said, they send me a pm asking me what they can do to fix what was done wrong because they didn't do their homework first and look up the reasoning for my suggestion.

So you diss me on the forums and then ask me privately so no one else can see what I can do to help them ??? Really ???

Yea, my pm section is full of shit like this ...

So go ahead and run 3 subs off one little bitty ass amplifier ... It might work, but how long will greatly depend if everything with the system is top notch ...

Personally, I don't deal in maybe ...

/ Rant

As long as it's wired correctly there is no difference whatsoever.

Amps are stupid, they don't know you connected 1-2-3-4-5-a million subwoofers to it.

All it sees is the impedance at the speaker terminals, if that is higher then the rated impedance of the amplifier then it will work for as long as the amp would last with a even number of subwoofers.

And nobody said it would be a litttle bitty ass amplifier, and even if it was it doesn't matter.

You can wire thousand of subs to a 5W amplifier and nothing will happen to the amp if it's wired correctly.

I stand corrected. Thank you Sir.

My Apologies

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

One of the worst things for me is if I tell my opinion and its not what they want to hear. Then go other routes with their system ...

Which is fine with me. The thing is when their shit doesn't work the way they planned ... Instead of going back on the thread and reviewing what I said, they send me a pm asking me what they can do to fix what was done wrong because they didn't do their homework first and look up the reasoning for my suggestion.

So you diss me on the forums and then ask me privately so no one else can see what I can do to help them ??? Really ???

Yea, my pm section is full of shit like this ...

So go ahead and run 3 subs off one little bitty ass amplifier ... It might work, but how long will greatly depend if everything with the system is top notch ...

Personally, I don't deal in maybe ...

/ Rant

As long as it's wired correctly there is no difference whatsoever.

Amps are stupid, they don't know you connected 1-2-3-4-5-a million subwoofers to it.

All it sees is the impedance at the speaker terminals, if that is higher then the rated impedance of the amplifier then it will work for as long as the amp would last with a even number of subwoofers.

And nobody said it would be a litttle bitty ass amplifier, and even if it was it doesn't matter.

You can wire thousand of subs to a 5W amplifier and nothing will happen to the amp if it's wired correctly.

think you kinda missed his point.

I have a good friend that is a factory authorised amplifier repair technician.

Seems like all he ever does now is repair class d amplifiers because of most people do not either know how to wire amplifiers up correctly, run them on inadequate power, or crank the shit out of the gains. Shit just seems crazy to me.

Most audio shops are not in the business of selling product and setting them up exactly the way the customer wants just to have them come back with shit all burnt up complaining that it's automatically the installers fault. Too many liabilities ...

They do what I do no a daily basis ... They cover their ass so product doesn't come back and having to work on shit for free when they knew that type of shit wasn't gonna work in the first place. Back when I was doing car audio and home theater, I wouldn't sell or install something that I wouldn't install in my own car or home.

I took (well, still do) pride in everything.

If someone wants me to sell the product and install product that I do not feel comfortable working with ... I do the same thing most shops do on a daily basis ... Politely refer them to someone else if they are head strong on going that route with the system and a will not listen to reason.

Say if I charge you 200 dollars to tow your truck from point A to point B ... And I not do my job correctly and cause 2000 dollars worth of damage ... Not only did I not make any money on this ... But just gave away 1800 dollars to fix the vehicle. Definitely something you do NOT want to happen. Not even once !!!

So yea, I can definitely see why shops do not wire up odd number of drivers to single amplifiers ... Although it will work just fine, it would most likely be too much of a liability to see that inexpensive setup turn into a catastrophical comeback if that customer changes things in any way, blows shit up and starts blaming shit on the installer.

Just like customers I hear everyday on this forum about shops ... Shops get burned by customers all the time.

They HAVE to be the professionals and make sure they make money and keep satisfied customers ....

Not ranting ... Just thought I'd post up a few lines.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

The damping factor of an amp would determine how many speakers it can drive. Yes? No?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Amp doesn't care about how many speakers it cares about load presented to the amp

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The damping factor of an amp would determine how many speakers it can drive. Yes? No?

No, dampening factor is depending on the impedance/frequency.

I have a good friend that is a factory authorised amplifier repair technician.

Seems like all he ever does now is repair class d amplifiers because of most people do not either know how to wire amplifiers up correctly, run them on inadequate power, or crank the shit out of the gains. Shit just seems crazy to me.

Most audio shops are not in the business of selling product and setting them up exactly the way the customer wants just to have them come back with shit all burnt up complaining that it's automatically the installers fault. Too many liabilities ...

They do what I do no a daily basis ... They cover their ass so product doesn't come back and having to work on shit for free when they knew that type of shit wasn't gonna work in the first place. Back when I was doing car audio and home theater, I wouldn't sell or install something that I wouldn't install in my own car or home.

I took (well, still do) pride in everything.

If someone wants me to sell the product and install product that I do not feel comfortable working with ... I do the same thing most shops do on a daily basis ... Politely refer them to someone else if they are head strong on going that route with the system and a will not listen to reason.

Say if I charge you 200 dollars to tow your truck from point A to point B ... And I not do my job correctly and cause 2000 dollars worth of damage ... Not only did I not make any money on this ... But just gave away 1800 dollars to fix the vehicle. Definitely something you do NOT want to happen. Not even once !!!

So yea, I can definitely see why shops do not wire up odd number of drivers to single amplifiers ... Although it will work just fine, it would most likely be too much of a liability to see that inexpensive setup turn into a catastrophical comeback if that customer changes things in any way, blows shit up and starts blaming shit on the installer.

Just like customers I hear everyday on this forum about shops ... Shops get burned by customers all the time.

They HAVE to be the professionals and make sure they make money and keep satisfied customers ....

Not ranting ... Just thought I'd post up a few lines.

Red: Yep, that's exactly what it's like.

And there also enough shops that screw the installs up and not care about it and won't warrenty anything. (and not only car audio, but also more expensive things like building houses/kitchens/installing electricity/water,...)

And some customers are horrible, changing the gain/crossover/wiring/fuses/....

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Might not be close to ideas some people have... but I just remedied this for a buddies build.

"My fuses keep popping man and I don't know why"

Simplest setup - two subs in parallel straight to amp amp straight to battery. Nowhere to go wrong.

Honestly, because I'm not a genius or anything, I had a hard time imaging what could be wrong. It was straight and simple wiring.

Finally, I take a closer look at the amp.

(GND) (12v)

and the whole time, he was putting his 12v into the ground terminal.

Three fuses later trying "other" things I finally convinced him to put shit in the right polarities.

Needless to say, it worked.

"You mean, that shit actually matters"

Yeah.. it does. Ugh.

Archived