iPhone Unlocking: Apple Denying FBI Orders to Create Backdoor

So what do you guys think? It seems like Apple and Tim Cook and standing up for an individual right to privacy against the FBI.

Link to Tim Cook letter to customers:

http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

Link to Apple's PDF outlining iOS security:

https://www.apple.com/business/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

When I read the story this afternoon I basically concluded that Apple supports terrorism. How in the fuck can you say that by working hand in hand with the FBI, that ALL iPhones will be at risk of being hacked? That's some straight bullshit they are laying on there.

EDIT: In summary, if you own an Apple product you support terrorism.

I don't support terrorism nor do I own an apple product. Personally I think it's a good idea. You never hear about apple getting hacked. Must be a reason. And I see what they are saying. If there is one backdoor it can be done again. So I agree with them in this case. Our phones and computer are meant to be personal not public. Them standing behind that is nice to hear instead of we own everything on your phone and can access it at any time like most other OS or electronic manufacturers.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

They aren't asking for a backdoor, they are asking for Apple to help open one device, one.

They don't even want to know how to do it, they want apple to do it all for them.

I refuse to believe that apple doesn't know how to do it already anyways.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

the problem is they get apple to do then they can get google to do and then all they need is a warrant for your phone and you will not know any better. if they cant build a case without it then they shouldnt be in law enforcement. what did they do before cell phones its just another way the gov.is gonna get in your business and control everything we have

I don't think it's about building a case against two dead people, it's about finding out who they were talking too and about what.

Getting a warrant to search ones private things is the legal way of doing it and they've done it for years and years.

Better this way than the top secret spying way.

They have a court order plain and simple and apple is violating it, most people don't play games with the feds and win so they better watch themselves.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You never hear about apple getting hacked. Must be a reason.

You must not have heard of the fappening when the icloud was hacked.

Im all for unlocking their phone. It could be a case of national security. Or maybe they already did and just want the word out there that they won't. Nah government isnt that smart

Ted Cruz who I dislike just mentioned this. Under the 4th amendment Apple is gonna have to unlock at least that one phone.
That does not mean Apple has to share the unlock with the government or unlock anyone elses phone.

I don't support terrorism nor do I own an apple product. Personally I think it's a good idea. You never hear about apple getting hacked. Must be a reason. And I see what they are saying. If there is one backdoor it can be done again. So I agree with them in this case. Our phones and computer are meant to be personal not public. Them standing behind that is nice to hear instead of we own everything on your phone and can access it at any time like most other OS or electronic manufacturers.

bullshit. their cloud got hacked sometime back. remember the "fappening" ?

I also call bullshit on not being able to hack into iphones. That's essentially what jail breaking does.

They are just blowing this up to get publicity and gain respect.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived