Sundown Audio

Kicker war horse

iceman

Kicker amps haven't been a issue, it's their subs mainly. I know the Warhorse is extremely current draw hungry so I hope you got a lot of electrical.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

You can run a dual 1.5 sub in series for 3 ohms

It's not an 18" but the B2 X2C has a 5" coil that should be able to handle a lot of power. You could also wait for some of the 6" coil drivers to come out

I highly doubt it does 10k.

I don't.

Kicker amps have always done rated power. I do not know what the warhorse is rated at but whatever that is I am sure it will do that power.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I'm curious what sub you found that you think will handle 10k daily?

You could always wire the solo x at 4 ohm.

the smd.. there is this guy with a DC 9.0k on each sub

i think that amp is good for 5k watts so a Fi team sub would be perfect for it

I highly doubt it does 10k.

It will ... and then some with adequate power.

Hey guys I'm asking wether the amp could run a dual 1.5ohm sub safely as its tech isn't like a normal audio amp...

That's a Jerry McCord built a amplifier so I wouldn't suggest going below 2 ohms. I'm sure it will work, but wouldn't suggest it.

My suggestion would be to buy another sub like the one you have now and buy you a trailer to haul the adequate power that amplifier needs to run at safe operation ...

Good luck with your search !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You need to treat the warhorse like 2 amplifiers. You need an equal amount of coils and they must be separated into "banks" so that you dont short the two parts of the warhorse together. The Warhorse is not a normal amplifier. Only one side is active during each half of the sine wave, which is why it only works with even multiples of coils.

2 coils, attach one coil to each side.

4 coils, attach 2 coils to each side.

6 coils, attach 3 coils to each side.

etc etc.

Also if you're worried there is a limiter knob on the amp so you can limit the amp to less than 10k.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 6 months later...
On 6/13/2016 at 5:55 PM, fasfocus00 said:

Kicker amps haven't been a issue, it's their subs mainly. I know the Warhorse is extremely current draw hungry so I hope you got a lot of electrical.

If by extremely current draw hungry you mean 10000wrms requires a lot of electrical...but in comparison to other amps that put out similar power it's actually quite the opposite.  They are EXTREMELY efficient and will pull around 750-800amps to make 10k, vs other 9-10k amps that will pull quite a bit more.  Just saying lol

Also, in regards to wiring a dual 1.5ohm sub to it, you'll probably be fine since box rise will most likely bring you up over 2ohm per coil.  As all setups are different, I can't say for sure, so do so at your own risk.

Archived