2 alts, turn one off

2 alts

I wanna disable one for daily driving. will I damage an alt by removing the turn on wire and still leaving it connected to the bracket and belt. So basically the second alt would still be spinning but not doing anything

i dont see how a kill switch wouldn't work..

i dont think it will do much a difference though.. it will depend how deep youre on the knob..

Putting one on a toggle switch should work. but does it cause any damage to the alt?

I have an alt that never drops below 14.6v even hot. it was 109 today and it was at 14.8v. That is too high for battery's that are 115-120 degress because of the sun

Putting one on a toggle switch should work. but does it cause any damage to the alt?

I have an alt that never drops below 14.6v even hot. it was 109 today and it was at 14.8v. That is too high for battery's that are 115-120 degress because of the sun

Mine is on a switch....resistor wired in line with it....drops to 13.2 here out in Vegas during the day, but goes back to 13.6-13.8 at night....

1 watt, 470 ohm resistor from L-wire to switch...mine was hooked up for a while with the switch off and no problems...

black nasty turns some off for dailying. id shoot andrew a message.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

All batteries get hotter than that with the under hood heat,

I wouldn't be too worried about it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I thought a while back I read that its not good for it to spin on the belt without power going anywhere, Maybe I am reading this incorrectly, or maybe I am just wrong anyway, lol, tuned in

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I thought a while back I read that its not good for it to spin on the belt without power going anywhere, Maybe I am reading this incorrectly, or maybe I am just wrong anyway, lol, tuned in

wurd....

I was told, It is not good to be running the alt, making amperage just to the stud. But, its perfectly fine, to have the alt spin, not making current. The turn on switched or pulled. Switch on all 4 of the burbs.

Like Kyle said (there are different opinions on this), having power going to the stud can cause damage without it spinning.

Having the alts spin without them on though is perfectly fine. I run my 270 at stock with the 370s off and spinning daily.

One way to do this is run the secondary(s) externally regulated with and on/off switch. Just make sure you turn them off when you exit the vehicle.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived