boomintahoe Posted March 3, 2017 Report Posted March 3, 2017 Just curious to see what people have to say how they fund this can-get-so-dam-expensive hobby that we have. I know there's people out there that have kids, like myself, family to take care of/look after, mortgage, bills, bills, and more bills. I'll start. Whenever I get a bonus check from work, I splurge. Weather it's a sub, a component set and some other small items....just gotta spend it wisely depending upon how much I get. Or if I sell something or a few things on CL I'll use that $$ to buy something. I'm expecting a check waiting for me when I go back to work. Gonna use part of that to buy some baltic birch for my build for the s10 for a single DC Audio 8.
Mitchaford Posted March 3, 2017 Report Posted March 3, 2017 I can't afford it. I may be broke but I'm loud 2008 VW Jetta Team Fi 12 CT 4000.1 CT 125.4 PWX 6.5 80 PRS EB Flex 2/0 Second Skin ^^^ Build ^^^
Karkov Posted March 3, 2017 Report Posted March 3, 2017 Work overtime. 1 child but my baby mama also works. I am a GREAT saver, plus cutting corners wherever able. Live in a house I can easily afford, drive vehicles I can easily afford, I don't like going on vacations, I rarely buy fast food, keep house cold in winter and warm in summer. I'm a less is more person, 1 computer, no tablets, one cell phone, one TV, no gaming consoles, etc. I also collect guns, have never sold one that i've bought. I like to ATV, again, have never sold one that I've bought. I fix 99% of stuff myself, whether house, vehicle, ATV etc. I have no TV service at my house, just internet (which I recently switched to save even more money) but no satellite, not Netflix, etc. I pay as I go on cell phone so I take time off from it for weeks in between each paid month and revert to emails for communication. I could go on and on but I avoid luxuries so I can do the things I want more, Just have to prioritize more or less....don't buy shit you don't need!!! For car audio, I wait for deals, search for deals, etc. I run 6 amps in my Tahoe, all bought 2nd hand....When I did my build I had figured out what I had spent, and what I had saved...each were in the thousands FYI...... Just so you know there is already at least one thread like this..... 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Wasteland_Audio Posted March 3, 2017 Report Posted March 3, 2017 2 hours ago, Mitchaford said: I can't afford it. I may be broke but I'm loud ^^^ THIS...
im45pl Posted March 3, 2017 Report Posted March 3, 2017 The bank owns my build lol TEAM DC AUSTRALIA My_Build_Log
Ron36 Posted March 3, 2017 Report Posted March 3, 2017 I'm a mechanic and All the side work I do at home the money I get my wife says is for me , that's why I love her 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
moh.vze.com Posted March 3, 2017 Report Posted March 3, 2017 I cut back on 1-2 meals a day until I can afford a piece of my Car Stereo build. DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs
DTS909 Posted March 3, 2017 Report Posted March 3, 2017 Get my ass up at 2 am 5 days a week. VM-1 Pioneer DEH-80PRS Hertz HSK 165XL Arc Audio KS 300.2 Linear Power 1002 Full Mods Fi Audio Q 10s Sundown Audio Scv 3000 Big 3 XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH Singer Alternator Sky High Wire <p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.