Jump to content

Deadly Year on MY Street; Red Light Runners


Recommended Posts

Posted

What would you guys do about that street if the decision was up to you? If cameras didn't help, I honestly don't know what I would

Only thing I can think is stiffer penalties. Like I said, there are motorcycle cops up and down this strip, but not all the time. They do nab a shit ton of speeders and redlight runners, but I think the fines should be greater. The "running the red light signs" posted up state a minimum $357 fine, and people still do it.

screw it make it a grand

Money doesent matter, these people are rich -

Make it a month without being abe to drive - thatt'l teach em.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Posted

Theyll just drive on a suspended. Its too late to fix it now. They let them get away with it too long.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

only bad thing about the poles is what would happen if an emergency vehicle was behind traffic, cars couldn't just pull forward to get out of the way

The way I view it is that there are traffic lights that emergency vehicles can control before they approach the intersection. They don't have a lot of those where I live but they do exist and they can change the lights to any combination from a block away so it is possible to have it setup so that the passenger of the emergency vehicle modifies the signal to take down the poles and then pass through. Either way I don't see any place using anything like that on public roads.

There is an intersection about a mile and a half from my house that lots of people blow through where it has 2 lights since the intersection has 3 streets that merge but they don't merge at one point. The two side streets are off centered from eachother so you have one intersection before the other street. They had the signals setup so that a white strobe light flashes in the middle of the red-light when it is on to try and grab your attention. And for the other signal they have the signal setup so that instead of the normal setup its like a translucent look where you can see the light if you manage to get stuck in the middle of the intersection, you know if you can go or need to stop. Regardless lots of dipshits blow through them when its red. I will admit so far in my life I only ran through a red-light once. Now I only did that as the route had previously never had traffic lights in the middle of the road so I got accustomed to it and they did not have any warning signs up about a new signal being setup. Well the one day the signals went active and I was used to them not being there so I just kept going until I realized a second later that i blew a red-light. Nobody else was in the road or driving around me luckily but it does happen.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Posted

Strange turn of events. The guy that ran the red is the maintenance guy at Target, where I work. I didn't place the face until today while I was looking at comments about the wreck. That guy always seemed like a piece of shit. Also, a comment was posted by the husband of a witness:

My wife was about to turn into the intersection out of the Target parking lot and saw the perp in his jacked up pickup barreling west on Rancho Calif. road with right side of pickup on sidewalk at a high rate of speed. He swerved and missed the light pole and her by mere feet and slammed into the other vehicles right in front of her. He did not stop.He proceeded to leave the scene traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of Rancho Califorina road with other vehicles dodging his vehicle.He finally pulled into the end of the Target parking lot where his Mantruck died.He exited Mantruck and waited as my wife guided police to him via 911.

Don't know if true or not, but sounds like he was driving all kinds of fucked up. He has been charged with manslaughter, and will likely only do a few years, such bullshit.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Strange turn of events. The guy that ran the red is the maintenance guy at Target, where I work. I didn't place the face until today while I was looking at comments about the wreck. That guy always seemed like a piece of shit. Also, a comment was posted by the husband of a witness:

My wife was about to turn into the intersection out of the Target parking lot and saw the perp in his jacked up pickup barreling west on Rancho Calif. road with right side of pickup on sidewalk at a high rate of speed. He swerved and missed the light pole and her by mere feet and slammed into the other vehicles right in front of her. He did not stop.He proceeded to leave the scene traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of Rancho Califorina road with other vehicles dodging his vehicle.He finally pulled into the end of the Target parking lot where his Mantruck died.He exited Mantruck and waited as my wife guided police to him via 911.

Don't know if true or not, but sounds like he was driving all kinds of fucked up. He has been charged with manslaughter, and will likely only do a few years, such bullshit.

dafuq? that's crazy...whackos these days...

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Posted

People are in a rush to go NO WHERE !!

This is the only reason why im afraid to get a bike. Cause there are wayyyy too many stupid drivers !! I swear everyday i find my self honking and/or dodging stupid fucks that almost hit me !!! 75% of the time they are females !!!

Posted

just cut off both his hands... why give him prison time where he can get free food and medical, probable watch TV and the sort.

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.
Posted

People like this are the reason roundabouts are popping up everywhere... I see one in your future

Dear lord I hate those things! First experienced them while stationed in Germany back in the 90's. Now I live in the middle of nowhere rural america and they are popping up all over. I can't count the number of times I've almost been hit it one of those things.

i love those things ive almost been hit a few times too though soo many people dont know how to use them and ive had people stop on front of me mid way through them (theres one right down my street i use it alot)

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Posted

People like this are the reason roundabouts are popping up everywhere... I see one in your future

Dear lord I hate those things! First experienced them while stationed in Germany back in the 90's. Now I live in the middle of nowhere rural america and they are popping up all over. I can't count the number of times I've almost been hit it one of those things.

I love them. No backups like traffic lights and they are low speed. So issues are easy to avoid vs. getting t-boned by someone going 50-60mph

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2252 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...