Second Skin Audio

Why we all buy high price subs

LsChevy

I've never blown anything either and I've used mainstream stuff too.

I think it's more about what you expect out of what you are buying because some people expect low quality stuff to perform like high quality stuff and that's never going to happen.

I on the other hand knew what my stuff was and wasn't capable of.

I always had some knowledge though even before my first system because all my older brothers friends always had systems and I kind of learned from them what was worth buying and what wasnt.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I would call the l7 walmart quality for these reasons, overhyped and over marketed, super accessible and well known.

I like how not even one of your reasons references build quality. And how the fact being "super accessible and well known" somehow makes them lesser quality.

You guys see? This type of thinking is the epitome of why people talk isht about this message board. Everyone on here thinks their shit don't stink and anyone who runs mainstream equipment is automatically some noob who we should all point and laugh at. You guys are a bunch of fucking douche bags.

damn bro who kicked your dog?

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

From a resale stand point. I would only buy the older AMERICAN MADE Kicker stuff.

There's an old school S12D I may pick up tomorrow.

Visually mint cone and surround. Coil metered fine, but she has a partial spider separation at the former.

Last of the American Made subs made before Kicker went to China.

Anyway, Kicker has gone down hill sub wise. Everytime I test a sub to flip at least 1 of the coils are burnt!

Public Service Notice: Shortened for Ahmed. Damn it! I deleted the pic of the separation. We all know how some people need pics when

the reading is too much for them.

-Frank

You talk too much.

Probably just to go back and read it to your self.

You are no philosopher, nobody gives a shit that you think your ideas are best.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I wouldn't call the L7 Wal-Mart quality

I would (priced about twice whats its worth, decent amount of plastic for a sub in its range, mass produced in China with mediocre at best basket/coils).

Sounds like something walmart would sell (overrated sub-woofer with maybe $30 worth of components in it that gets beat by most woofers in its price range not only in SPL but sound quality as well). Isn't that description pretty much every subwoofer at walmart ?

I would call the l7 walmart quality for these reasons, overhyped and over marketed, super accessible and well known.

I like how not even one of your reasons references build quality. And how the fact being "super accessible and well known" somehow makes them lesser quality.

You guys see? This type of thinking is the epitome of why people talk isht about this message board. Everyone on here thinks their shit don't stink and anyone who runs mainstream equipment is automatically some noob who we should all point and laugh at. You guys are a bunch of fucking douche bags.

damn bro who kicked your dog?

Firebirdude is a CACO clown.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

You are no philosopher, nobody gives a shit that you think your ideas are best.

Orionstang, you bore me. Your insults are not original and lack creativity. I have to say you either have a choice to reply to my post or not reply. I don't get it. Why reply at all?? I have to be completely honest with you. I look forward to your replies. Seeing if.you will improve your comebacks and one liners. Sadly, you're not doing that good of a job.

It's redundant. You hate my posts and my thoughts. Big deal. If you see my name in a thread, just move the curser onto the next thread.

-Frank

I just laugh when people say American made woofers are better while you sit and type on your computer or smart phone thats made in china, along with the alarm clock that wakes you up in the morning, and your vehicle you hope into also has a lot of Chinese manufactured parts.

A lot of these companies are not telling the full truth, while many are just assembled in the USA, and while some brands are doing their own machining the fact still remains that over 80% if not higher that the minerals to make the ferrite slugs are coming from China or some other country in Asia, North America just doesn't have the rare earth metals like some of these other countries do.

Lets not forget about the woofers basket that the majority of come from china once again.
So it makes me really wonder where some of these soft parts also come from, because if they are stretching the truth so far already, whats a little father going to matter?

If the product is made in China and it passes strict quality control procedures, and the company is also there to fix the problem if something gets passed quality control what does it really matter?
This whole China vs USA stuff really needs to stop, because I can tell you there will not be a change where things are being manufactured anytime soon.

I don't know about Kicker products now, but 5 years ago you could make a L7 sound really good for the price.

And remember that time that the solo baric X was a forum boner?

People buy high priced subwoofer because they think, higher priced=better.

And they think higher power handling=better/louder.

And because they are lazy, lazy to find something better or read up on things.

Just like when people buy car audio components, eventhough you can buy a lot better drivers.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I hate the people that run kicker subs.

They all think kickers systems are loud enough to crack the earth in half

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

I buy high price subs because low price subs won't work in my application. Before ever making it to any kind of audio forum, you always start off with a system that consist of kicker, alpine, audiopipe, etc. It's not until you see what everyone else is running, that you think to yourself, "Man, I need/want those!". At that moment is when your sell your "mainstream" equipment for something else. So, the answer to your original question could be the word ignorance.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Archived