Jump to content

Any cord cutters here?


Recommended Posts

Posted

i got rid of cable. have netflix, amazon prime, and kodi. apple tv and fire tv. also have slingTV but dont really use it.

:)

Posted

I've looked into t a bit more. The only thing I'm missing really on the Apple TV is am for walking dead. Other than that it covers it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

We got rid of cable when along time ago when the price went up over $40. We paid $400 for a rotary antenna and have Verizon fios for everything else. Now with the digital air channels the picture quality is great and we get more channels than we can watch. I'm not big on TV anyway. I would rather be here on SMD!!!!

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

I have dish (still in a promo period so I'm only paying 40 for 290+ channels) and netflix, my problem with Netflix is a lot of the stuff I thought was on there isn't any more, and I'm not super impressed with the movie selection. On a side note to n8, lucifer is pretty so far huh? I really enjoy it

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Posted

i only watch a few shows ... mostly on the discovery channel and history oh and spike so went to basic now i miss the shows.. hulu they are a season behind on one of them don't have the other ... netflix doesn't have any of them and i don't know what else to check history and discovery website you can watch on the site but you have to put in what cable company you have and ours isn't on the list lol

Posted

You can download pretty much everything these days.. Cable seems useless for me.

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Posted

If there wasn't sports is want to watch I'd lose cable all together. My wife watched like 3 channels and i never watched tv unless the lions, tigers, or red wings (oh my) were on. Family had netflix so we used their account and hulu was good of you didn't have cable.

Haven't tried kodi but I've considered

Posted

Got rid of dish about 3 years ago and only have Netflix and Hulu. Most shows that we watch are on the two and a couple others can be watched on the NBC app on the Xbox. Other shows we like I download on torrents like NCIS, Gold Rush, and Face Off. We were even able to watch the Superbowl on the CBS app on the Xbox.

Now I miss real TV. I don't miss the extra cost but I miss, of all things, the commercials and channel surfing. I know I'm weird but I am truly entertained by what they come up with sometimes. I suppose if I became someone it probably would have been in advertising. I also miss ESPN, mainly baseball and motor sports like CORR.

I will get it again unless a better option comes along but most of the apps on Xbox and the Roku require a TV subscription to see all the shows. So its pointless and even more frustrating.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide


Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Posted

to anyone using a htpc there is a program joytokey that lets you use a xbox controller as the mouse. my biggest issue before was that all the wireless keyboards with trackpads have a pretty bad range or lag at times but not a xbox controller but for a wireless controller you need a $20 adapter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 727 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...