the_garynator

Project Flexington: 160.3db @ 37hz!! Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps

Was pretty busy today but managed to get some work done. Removed the 2 piece port and the port divider that was too short:20160926_200409_zpsxiaj404z.jpg

Fitted the new Port piece and test fitted the dual layer baffle:

20160927_000122_zpsi4mldrqu.jpg

Got the holes drilled for the rest of the bracing for the front chamber and the braces that will run along the bottom of the port:

20160927_000138_zps2qhivodv.jpg

That's it for tonight but hoping to bust out a bunch more tomorrow night.

Looking good. Definitely staying tuned for this one.

Love the drill press on the tailgate, Doubles as a workbench ftw! lol

Hahahahahaha, it's perfect height for a lawn chair too! I had to get creative, work bench area is almost non existent in my garage and I won't do anything about it because everything is at my shop. Normally I would do a build like this there but it's all torn apart because I am currently looking for a bigger one. Plus it's kinda nice having a project I can work on at home vs driving 15min every time.

• Like 1

Man... Im in for this one. I just picked up a 96 Hardbody. I would like to see your alt set up installed. No one makes a replacement HO alt so I have to make a bracket. Im planing on a small blow through with 2 12's nothing this big. LOL

Man... Im in for this one. I just picked up a 96 Hardbody. I would like to see your alt set up installed. No one makes a replacement HO alt so I have to make a bracket. Im planing on a small blow through with 2 12's nothing this big. LOL

Unfortunately I'm not running the stock KA24. I have a small block chevy 350 swap.

20160804_183500_zpshfk72zge.jpg

Although the 96 hardbody has a single cam ka24, which should have the same mounting points as the ka24e in the 90-91 240sx which would mean that I actually have a bracket for a second alternator that I made a few years back for my old 240 if you're not worried about a/c. I'm no longer using it so I'd consider selling it if you're interested assuming that it will work. It's made to use a 125 amp nissan quest alternator

476832_10150595697911791_2142474920_o.jp

472080_10150590963121791_1817248207_o.jp

Also, check out the blowthrough link in my sig, that was a blowthrough I did in this truck with 2 12s

Edited by the_garynator

Awww damn.. I need ac down here in the desert is F**king HOT during the summers LOL. I guess ill have to do some building or maybe a swap in the future. But keep the pics coming. Im going to be stealing ideas from you lol. Like what you have for seats. Ill get rid of the bench seat soon.

• Like 1

Awww damn.. I need ac down here in the desert is F**king HOT during the summers LOL. I guess ill have to do some building or maybe a swap in the future. But keep the pics coming. Im going to be stealing ideas from you lol. Like what you have for seats. Ill get rid of the bench seat soon.

Damn, that's unfortunate lol. Yeah, getting rid of the bench is huge, talking about couple of db with it folded forward vs back with my blow through. I'm making custom brackets this week to mount the seats, if theyou end up being bolt on it can probably make a second set pretty easily

just curious, any relationship you use on port area on the rear chamber vs port area on the front chamber? i´ve found that double port area on front works better for me, for 2 12s i had a 3 4" aeros on rear chamber and a 10" aero on front chamber, worked awesome for sure

Damn, that's unfortunate lol. Yeah, getting rid of the bench is huge, talking about couple of db with it folded forward vs back with my blow through. I'm making custom brackets this week to mount the seats, if theyou end up being bolt on it can probably make a second set pretty easily

I would be interested for sure.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hamze
      My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wk that I've built myself .
      * + 7,000 RMS
      * Over 2,000 Working Hours !
      * 6 - SPL PRO Series Multiple World Record Winner SUBS
      * 3 - PRS-D 2000SPL Series Mono Amps
      * 1 - X3.2k4 World's Most Powerful 4 Channel Amp
      * 4 - 8' SPL series Mids
      * 2 - 6.5' SPL series Mids
      * 2 - SPL series Tweets
      * 5 - 95a AGM Batteries
      * 6 - Runs 1/0 Silver Tinned OFC Copper Wire
      * BC RACING  Coilovers
      * Tons of Metra Ballistic Insulation 
      * Stinger DVM
      * Singer 275A Alternator
      * CTEK MXS 25 500a Charger
      * KNU Conceptz CRYSTAL Cable Rca's
      * 6 - KNU Conceptz 300a Fusing
      * Knu 300a Fuses
      * Rockford Fosgate Fusing , wiring ...
      *Tool Maker USA Custom Made Battery Terminals
      * Pac Audio Interface
      * Russian Baltic birch wood 
      * 6 Precision Ports  .....
      * Custom Built Battery And Amp Racks...
      Much Much More.....
      Enjoy !

• By WalledSonic
      I've been helping a buddy install a system in his 2016 Jeep Wrangler JK.  I finally have enough pics to start a build log, so I'll be loading all of them up over the next couple weeks.
      The requirements were simple: he wanted (4) 8's or nothing at all.  Silly?  Maybe; but we met the requirements and hope to be banging before the end of the year
      The stock sub (an 8x10) has 4 voice coils

Ran some numbers in TermLab at first, but then switched the design over to WinISD.  Came up with this size enclosure:

That router feels good man

Went with PSI-8's with High Performance suspension for 600Wrms per sub

We were jammin some of that good techno

The original plan was to have a few tube ports, but I had a hunch that they were too small.  Thats about the time that Triticum came out with his port velocity calculator, and I realized the port velocities with these small ports would give me the tuning we were wanting, but also gave us almost 100 m/s port velocity (yikes!)

Then the design changed to have a properly sized port attached to the back panel, bringing the velocities down to around 25-30 m/s

I didnt really trust my kerf skills yet

More pics coming tomorrow.  Thanks for looking!

• By WalledSonic
      Buddy's new (new to us) amp.  Got it used through Cody at Droppin Hz for a good price.
      Brands inside: 
      CapXon
      Samwha
      Samyoung
      On to the pics:
      Very interesting heat sink

Amp was built one year ago and warranty is non-transferrable, so off comes the warranty stickers

Sweep shots

Details

Used alcohol to remove the warranty stickers

Cant wait to get this badboy playing down at half ohm

• By hayabusaboi06
       I have 3 orion HCCA 152 woofers that im running on some off brand 3500 watt amps.  I wanna go with one solid amp to run all 3 at a 1.33 ohm. this is a daily driver 2003 trailblazer but I want it to hump.  the woofer are rated at 2500rms/5000peak, I currently have 5 d3100's in the back, 1 redtop in the front that I want to change out but need to find a battery that will fit due to the dual alt bracket that holds a 240 mechman and a 370 mechman.  out of these 3 amps, which one would you recommend I run on those 3 woofers with my current setup.  thanks for any assistance you can give me.
    • By WalledSonic
      I’ve designed an isobaric 6th order series tuned bandpass enclosure for my wife’s car.  I want to build a series 6th for experience and for science. 
      I have a firm grasp of the ins and outs of WinISD, but I am new to BB6.  So I started with measured values from my ported design with (4) 15’s, which I have dialed into WinISD and is pretty accurate.  Then I modeled the same box in BB6 to see the variation between the two programs and measured values.  That gives me a baseline ‘feel’ for BB6.
      Can someone check my design?  I plan to test and modify the design to optimize the performance, and then I’d like to funnel that real data back into BB6 so I can really get a better feel for the 6th order designs in BB6.
      Here’s what I’ve come up with so far… This got me the most area under the curve but also a decent low end response:
      [INSERT PIC HERE.  I COULDNT PLACE IT HERE WITH DIRECT UPLOAD]
      Low port (for the design shown above) is 6”H x 3”W x 33.3”L, with 2 flared ends
      High port (for the design shown above) is 8”H x 3”W x 8.4”L, with 2 flared ends
      Goal was to keep port velocities under 30 m/s, cone excursion within limits, and boost the low end response without getting a severe dip between the two port tunings.  I really couldn’t bring the high tuned amplitude response down, maybe I need to widen the bandwidth?  Figured widening the bandwidth would cause an undesirable dip in the middle. 
      Here’s the real measured TS parameters (via IM-SG) for the well-broken-in pair of Pioneer TS-W3003D4’s:
      Dual voice coil, wired in PARALLEL (for measurements below) and both subs wired parallel to the amp.
      Re (parallel, each sub) = 1.6ohm
      Fs = 31.4 Hz
      Vas = 2.822 cu ft
      Qms = 3.706
      Qes = 0.494
      Qts = 0.436
      Mms = 126.9 g
      Cms = 0.203 mm/N
      Dia = 10.2”
      Sd = 81.7 sq in
      Xmax = 14mm one way
      I’d like to set the tuning for the low side at 31ish Hz and tuning on the high side at 63ish Hz.  The subsonic filter setting will be determined via testing after the box is built and tuned to its final state.
      I have about 5 cubic feet total to play with for this isobaric series 6th setup.  I can toy with the final XYZ dimensions, I’m mainly looking for a solid set of values for volumes and port areas & lengths (if the ones I calculated in BB6 are not suffice).  Rectangular ports are preferred but I can do aeroports or kerfed circular port if that’s a better route.  I am competent with woodwork.
      I’ll be starting a build log for this box design and its installation.  Planning to include a lot of measured data (IM-SG and AMM-1).  Really stoked for this build.
      Thank you in advance!

• Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 881 Guests (See full list)