the_garynator

Project Flexington: 160.3db @ 37hz!! Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps

the_garynator    542

So to catch up on pictures, here's where I mounted the subs to the removable baffles.

I used 1/4" bolts with nylon lock washers but was worried the points might tear the surround:

20161002_021845_zpsze3zuux2.jpg

So I ground down 2 of the points, since the heads just fit in the basket, all I had to do to keep them from spinning as I tightened the nuts was apply a bit of pressure with my finger.

20161002_023228_zpsgatp3cp8.jpg

Here's a sub mounted in the removable baffle

20161002_023430_zpsnoukzuqq.jpg

Subs mounted, gotta say my removable baffle system was worth the time and work, almost no effort to load the subs. It was great!!!!

20161002_030204_zpsd0hm1dnc.jpg

Crimped some ends, the kolossus fleks 4/0 is massive

20161002_135322_zps5jaalurx.jpg

Got wire?

20161002_145426_zpsrmege2sz.jpg

Warhorse mounted. Made a temporary buss bar to tide me over until I get my projectdb ones.

20161002_145538_zpsk3elxi27.jpg

Managed to get 4 runs of 1/0 from front to back and one nsb170ft installed. Definitely can tell it will get much louder once I get more electrical installed!

Awsome build. I'm taking notes on your box, I love it. Are those 10s SVC? Where will you cross them over at if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks man! I'm not sure what it am going to cross them over at. I'm planning on getting a dsp in the near future with active crossovers and adjust. And yes they're svc.

On that note, I ordered the DC 175.4 that will be powering the 10s!

• Like 1

kryptonite    354

Damn awesome build dude!!!! Makes me miss my walk through build I started in my ranger even more, can't wait to see this finished and playing!!!

• Like 1

Mr DeeBeez    682

I wanna get a demo some day! Dont know if there are any more meets this year tho :/ Wish I could have made it to Fond du Lac last weekend.

Cant wait to see it all done! Looks great!

the_garynator    542

Thanks guys! Definitely down to demo, it's what I am building it for, just hit me up, my schedule is pretty flexible.

Sealed off the wall tonight and now I'm crimping lugs on more runs of 1/0. I think I've decided to run dedicated grounds instead of using the frame but going to have to wait for another 100ft of black shca 1/0 to get here. Other than that I just need buss bars and hardware for my caps then electrical will be complete :)

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hayabusaboi06
       I have 3 orion HCCA 152 woofers that im running on some off brand 3500 watt amps.  I wanna go with one solid amp to run all 3 at a 1.33 ohm. this is a daily driver 2003 trailblazer but I want it to hump.  the woofer are rated at 2500rms/5000peak, I currently have 5 d3100's in the back, 1 redtop in the front that I want to change out but need to find a battery that will fit due to the dual alt bracket that holds a 240 mechman and a 370 mechman.  out of these 3 amps, which one would you recommend I run on those 3 woofers with my current setup.  thanks for any assistance you can give me.
    • By WalledSonic
      I’ve designed an isobaric 6th order series tuned bandpass enclosure for my wife’s car.  I want to build a series 6th for experience and for science. 
      I have a firm grasp of the ins and outs of WinISD, but I am new to BB6.  So I started with measured values from my ported design with (4) 15’s, which I have dialed into WinISD and is pretty accurate.  Then I modeled the same box in BB6 to see the variation between the two programs and measured values.  That gives me a baseline ‘feel’ for BB6.
      Can someone check my design?  I plan to test and modify the design to optimize the performance, and then I’d like to funnel that real data back into BB6 so I can really get a better feel for the 6th order designs in BB6.
      Here’s what I’ve come up with so far… This got me the most area under the curve but also a decent low end response:
      [INSERT PIC HERE.  I COULDNT PLACE IT HERE WITH DIRECT UPLOAD]
      Low port (for the design shown above) is 6”H x 3”W x 33.3”L, with 2 flared ends
      High port (for the design shown above) is 8”H x 3”W x 8.4”L, with 2 flared ends
      Goal was to keep port velocities under 30 m/s, cone excursion within limits, and boost the low end response without getting a severe dip between the two port tunings.  I really couldn’t bring the high tuned amplitude response down, maybe I need to widen the bandwidth?  Figured widening the bandwidth would cause an undesirable dip in the middle. 
      Here’s the real measured TS parameters (via IM-SG) for the well-broken-in pair of Pioneer TS-W3003D4’s:
      Dual voice coil, wired in PARALLEL (for measurements below) and both subs wired parallel to the amp.
      Re (parallel, each sub) = 1.6ohm
      Fs = 31.4 Hz
      Vas = 2.822 cu ft
      Qms = 3.706
      Qes = 0.494
      Qts = 0.436
      Mms = 126.9 g
      Cms = 0.203 mm/N
      Dia = 10.2”
      Sd = 81.7 sq in
      Xmax = 14mm one way
      I’d like to set the tuning for the low side at 31ish Hz and tuning on the high side at 63ish Hz.  The subsonic filter setting will be determined via testing after the box is built and tuned to its final state.
      I have about 5 cubic feet total to play with for this isobaric series 6th setup.  I can toy with the final XYZ dimensions, I’m mainly looking for a solid set of values for volumes and port areas & lengths (if the ones I calculated in BB6 are not suffice).  Rectangular ports are preferred but I can do aeroports or kerfed circular port if that’s a better route.  I am competent with woodwork.
      I’ll be starting a build log for this box design and its installation.  Planning to include a lot of measured data (IM-SG and AMM-1).  Really stoked for this build.
      Thank you in advance!

• By mbdblue
      Selling my Singer 240 amp hairpin alternator. only installed for about 2 months, owned for around 6 months. Should fit most 2.0/2.5 Subaru motors, it's coming off my '04 impreza wagon. Asking 400 shipped obo

• By WalledSonic
      The purpose of this thread is to evaluate and discuss the internal resistance of various batteries and (possibly?) test methods.
      I’ll start this off by using the DC Load method to test some XS AGM, some K2 73Ah cells, and some K2/JYP 80Ah cells.  The DC load method was used because that’s all the equipment that I had available or was able to purchase quickly and on the cheap.  Here’s a link for more information on Load Test Methods.
      http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_measure_internal_resistance
      Calculation used was Rint = ((Vrest/Vload) -1) x Rload)
      Where
      Rint = internal resistance
      Vrest = Voltage at rest
      Vload = Voltage once load is applied
      Rload = resistance of the load resistor
      Now onto some pictures of the setup.  If there is something amiss please chime in so we can figure it out.
      1ohm load resistors (although they test out at 0.9ohm)

I connected them in series on one end, and I can change the resistance by simply connecting my jumper wire differently. I have the opportunity to connect at 0.45ohm, 0.9ohm, and 1.8ohm.  Here's proof of half(ish) ohm, although I didnt use this low of a resistance for data collection:

So this connection would be 1.8ohm

This connection would be 0.9ohm

Here's the 73Ah K2 cells (not JY collaboration batteries)

The day before testing, I topped off all the batteries, including the JYP's in the back and the AGMs to the right. 

24 hours later, I actually took measurements.

Data for the lithiums:

Data for the D3400R AGM

Looking forward to some comments, suggestions, etc.  Thanks for looking!
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 834 Guests (See full list)