Jump to content

Project Flexington: 160.3db @ 37hz!! Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps


Recommended Posts

Posted
Posted

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pioneer 80PRS

4 Scan Speak discovery 4" full rage

2 Ampere Audio 6.5 Comp sets

3 Singer 370 Hairpin's

1 Odyssey g78/34-P1500

6 DieHard Platinum Marine g31

4 XS D3100's

DC 175.4

DC 90.4

4 DC 5k's

4 m3 lvl 5 15's

Soundrive RCA's

Lots of welding lead & SkyHigh

Team DC AUDIO

Posted

Some more parts showed up for my charging system upgrade, going to attempt to get power steering worked in if I can! I'm really excited to tear into this pproject this winter!

New serpentine conversion brackets, ps pump, mechman alternator bracket and xs power vcm

20171004_200752-3984x2241.thumb.jpg.4379625219bd487f271b777cefa5ab31.jpg

Oh and the remote I ordered showed up, thought it had a volume knob but turns out it's just a d pad :(

  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Posted

Well, it's been a while since I have updated this thread.  Haven't done a ton since last update, but there have definitely been some improvements.

Let's start with something I found pretty hilarious. Got pulled over on the highway last year. Passed a cop who was 3 lanes over from me and he gave me the funniest warning I've ever gotten:

 

FB_IMG_1532437686360.thumb.jpg.ef9db5fee92d1f33caab1527b1516481.jpg

Anyway, this springs work consisted of a redesign of the 6th order.

FB_IMG_1532437709044.thumb.jpg.bf572c81436e8a56ea962ba285f425c9.jpg

FB_IMG_1532437715606.thumb.jpg.28a35c0429ca29818da78e9f0a018f9b.jpg

Basically flipped the internals, shrunk front chamber and ports and did some new bracing

FB_IMG_1532437732877.thumb.jpg.d16d5f8309e76489c395e10f1d66a092.jpg

FB_IMG_1532437751976.thumb.jpg.177f0ad4d87faa36e1528297fcd24a39.jpg

FB_IMG_1532437799100.thumb.jpg.328658e7395590348b9fb4230ce439be.jpg

Also added quite a bit more screws lol

FB_IMG_1532437777030.thumb.jpg.427e6b60b1a6faa56191b4dd1a69d541.jpg

New front chamber loading wall

FB_IMG_1532437737467.thumb.jpg.5d8a6d1a508df03fa43d8d1412466f03.jpg

FB_IMG_1532437773410.thumb.jpg.b5e4d27a8f1d9c8e21a60e0ecb0a8b0c.jpg

Sealed off the cabin much better:

FB_IMG_1532437782498.thumb.jpg.3bea5ac16b67aa0d5766d13b56a464b0.jpg

FB_IMG_1532437786317.thumb.jpg.c7bd67d75d087677c4c3f25cdcbe454b.jpg

FB_IMG_1532437792266.thumb.jpg.27354a439be4c3844bba14f901b56c88.jpg

FB_IMG_1532437796810.thumb.jpg.74a87a8ae4bfd4a92bab1ed5c6a41dd0.jpg

Subs loaded

FB_IMG_1532437804762.thumb.jpg.7d6128a3209cdabab22ac6beedfbf63e.jpg

 

More to come!

Posted

Finally ripped out the last piece of the previous owners buildFB_IMG_1532437719947.thumb.jpg.bbe169c448680ac6c3bd68a68eb2f682.jpg

FB_IMG_1532437722384.thumb.jpg.18f236d458881498877044ffecd649ba.jpg

Prepped the roof, 2 layers of vibraflex, a third layer in the middle, 2 big tubes of PL on the top layer (about the size of where the grid of screws is) and a second layer of birch. The second layer isnt PL'd yet because I have some welding plans for the roof yet.  

FB_IMG_1532437848521.thumb.jpg.1af61b8c8a3aa776f716d8de90129a58.jpg

Everything is together

FB_IMG_1532437807766.thumb.jpg.d462854369198115a486cac23fe082d1.jpg

Did a 32hz burp sealed at the dash, truck off on only caps

FB_IMG_1532437845567.thumb.jpg.b5376de114fe3947a6dc6deacd4f08b6.jpg

It should be even louder now but no time to retest yet

 

finished plastidipping the truckFB_IMG_1532437890555.jpg

 

More to come!

Posted

Blacked out truck looks great man.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

Thanks guys!

 

I kind of like the raw look of my doors so instead of letting them rust I used clear plastidip

FB_IMG_1532624111961.thumb.jpg.aba3cfd1fbeb74b896da42e418d2b32f.jpg

Also did it on the cap bank frame

FB_IMG_1532623979476.thumb.jpg.b6c3320ffa1dba8f537afd2af72548d2.jpg

Added a temporary AGM under the hood. I sold my JY this winter because I never drop voltage low enough use it and there's a slow drain in the truck I haven't had a chance to fix yet. So it was very stressful having such an expensive starting battery that needed to be on a charger 24/7 if the truck was sitting, because without a charger, it would drain in like a week of sitting and could destroy the battery.

FB_IMG_1532623984654.thumb.jpg.e30a68e2c5fca29e1afa5355d5b7dbc5.jpg

 

Got some new DC decals made up too

FB_IMG_1532623990683.thumb.jpg.3c6aea0c4257ed2c02fef9a7b61cb179.jpg

Notice the #dcballslap above the passenger door?  Project Flexington inspired DC Audio to make those, figured it was fitting lol.  I'll have to see if I can dig up the screenshot of how that came about, it was rather entertaining.

 

Now onto the post Slamology 2018 pictures:

Went through and did a valve adjustment and carb tune up. Runs great again

FB_IMG_1532624030342.thumb.jpg.ccdfbc754ccf78bc90dfcdc97523dfa3.jpg

Here's a little sneak peak at what I'll be posting next and currently still working on:

FB_IMG_1532624021204.thumb.jpg.a3cc1d4a1ba470be72859568dd563cab.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 4394 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...