Prefer to work on your car/build alone, or with a friend?

Alone, and if i get asked to help someone else, i end doing it all myself and they know it will get done right that way.

literally 90% of what happens to me. "Hey josh, you wanna come help do so and so?" Did the whole fucking thing.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I would rather work by myself. I am very particular on how things are done, and I like knowing how each thing is done exactly. Now if it was something as sanding fiberglass, helping construct a wall then yeah having an extra hand would be awesome.

Now if I was doing an install and someone wanted to learn I'd be more than happy to let them watch and guide them a bit as I go.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I guess I should have prefaced this topic with how I define "help" or company.

The car buddy I had (before he started douching out on me) knew when to shut up, when to jump right in, and it was always understood whoever's vehicle we were working on had final say over how the work got done. We worked very well together, and have been friends/partners in crime for going on sixteen years.

For the record, none if us (my wife, my sister he's engaged to, nor I) can figure out what the Hell is going on with him. Sis said he's been harping on some mid life crisis bullshit, but I don't get it. He's only 30, and Hell I'm a year and a half older than he is.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Alone since I usually get into the "zone" and just plow through everything. The only time I don't mind working with someone is if they're a close friend or are actually doing work, and not just handing tools over.

I do all my work alone. That said I wouldn't mind working with someone else that is skilled. Can get twice the work done by splitting up and taking separate mini-projects. Always good to have a spare pair of hands too. I would have to be "in charge" though I'm just picky like that. So anyone in NC wanna team up sometime and don't mind taking orders let me know! haha

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

i do all my work alone, but it would be nice to have someone around to shoot the shit with while i work, and the odd time help me lift a heavy thing into the truck. So pretty much i would like to work with others, but no one wants to work with me lol

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

It all depends on what phase of the project I'm on as to whether or not I want someone there to help.

I spent so much of my life as a shop installer I guess i just got use to doing installs front to back on my own and now just perfer to do them alone. if you do the whole thing by yourself you will know they system better, where everything is and will also make troubleshooting easier if its ever needed.

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

Archived